• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bluetooth devices not connecting/appearing on PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kingdrastic1

Registered
Hi, i recently reinstalled w7 and installed most of the necessary drivers and other stuff. However, i can't get any wireless internet connection, nor can i get any bluetooth device to be recognized on my PC. What do i need and how do i get it? Pc specs are:
>w7 64bit
>asus z87 a
>i5 4670k
Not too bothered about the wireless connection since i have wired but i'd like to get my bluetooth speaker connected.
I've checked device manager and there doesn't seem to be any bluetooth driver or anything like that there. I've tried downloading and installing some random bluetooth apps but they dont work. I'd apreciate if someone could point me to where i can get the necessary compatible bluetooth driver for my system. Thanks!

I'm not sure that Windows 7 natively supported bluetooth in it's original release. First of all, make sure you have SP1 installed. Then manually check for Windows 7 updates. Make sure you have all current updates installed.

Then make sure you download and install the driver for your make and model of bluetooth adapter.

Last edited:
BTW, I used to have Bluetooth on my laptop(vaio) under windows 7 home premium. Then windows10 moved in and Bluetooth disappeared. Also right side of touch pad that used to scroll, doesn't scroll anymore.

BTW, I used to have Bluetooth on my laptop(vaio) under windows 7 home premium. Then windows10 moved in and Bluetooth disappeared. Also right side of touch pad that used to scroll, doesn't scroll anymore.

Windows 10 updates are famous for kicking out drivers that worked under Windows 7 and replacing them with drivers that don't work. UT, what you can sometimes do is just reinstall the Windows 7 driver for the device and it will often work until the next round of Windows updates knocks them out again.

Back