• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Bluetooth not recognizing device after shootdown (Win10 Pro)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JekhoOne

Registered
Hi all.
After replacing mobo (Asus H170I Pro Gaming) on my new itx build i'am able to use it under Win10 installation.
But after Asus suite 3 installation and uninstallation (system not stable) Bluetooth manager was able to recognize BT devices (Logitech K380 keyboard, UE Megaboom speaker,etc...)
After that i have performed a clean (formatting system partition) installation of Win10 Pro : issue still present. I would like to underline that after
first installation BT devices were properly and correctly associated.
I have done also following actions and attempts:

- asus bluetooth driver installation ;
- disable wifi controller from BIOS ;
- power of wifi modem router ;

A strange thing : searching for BT device, a list of generic devices (keyboard, monitor, headphone, smartphone) are shown by device manager. Try to connect it,
connection fails.

It is a very frustrating issue after mobo RMA and replacement : i hope no HW issue is happening AGAIN on mobo :bang head

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

J

Last edited:
When you did the clean install did you install the motherboard drivers?

Yes, i did it. And its was the same of the ones installed automatically by Win :

Bluetooth Driver V10.0.0.217 for Windows 10 64-bit.(WHQL)

VendorProductKey = Qualcomm Athros

Version = 10.0.0.217

J

Windows 10 updates have been breaking a lot of stuff lately (specifically Bluetooth devices). Was your computer hooked up to the internet when you reinstalled? If so, it may be worth reinstalling the OS with the Ethernet cable unplugged and then try it before Windows 10 can update.

Was your computer hooked up to the internet when you reinstalled?

Yes, it was. I don't remember if it was connected during the first installation that work properly on this point of view.

If so, it may be worth reinstalling the OS with the Ethernet cable unplugged and then try it before Windows 10 can update.

I will try and i will keep you informed. Thanks a lot

J

Reinstalled Win 10 wiithout internet support...nothng still no devices retrived.

Have you tried uninstalling AI suite to verify the conflict? Have you checked for any BIOS settings for that board that may have been reset by AI suite? Also check in 'Services' in Control Panel to see if the BT service is set to auto, not manual.

Which is the name of the BT service to check ?
I will take a look to BIOS in order to finbd usefull options...

AI Suite would not be automatically installed after a clean install of the OS would it? If you are installing drivers and things from the mobo driver disk, make sure you uncheck AI Suite. That is notoriously problematic software.

Seems like there are two driver components with bluetooth technology sometimes. The bluetooth driver itself and the bluetooth "stack." At least that was the way it was with a Winows 7-based Toshiba laptop I had. Not sure if that always applies or if those two things have now been combined in later versions of Windows. And as I recall, they had to be installed in a certain order.

My guess is though, it's a buggy Windows 10 driver. As others have said, this has been a real issue with Windows 10. Another option would be to use a different mini PCI-e wifi/bluetooth adapter that has better Windows 10 driver support, or even switch to a USB bluetooth adapter.

Last edited:
After second clean installation of Win 10 i didn't reinstall AI Suite. I've only installed BT Qualcomm driver

My guess is though, it's a buggy Windows 10 driver. As others have said, this has been a real issue with Windows 10. Another option would be to use a different mini PCI-e wifi/bluetooth adapter that has better Windows 10 driver support, or even switch to a USB bluetooth adapter.

I've bought a new bluetooth adapter (USB adapter). All work well, even if i would like to come back on this point in the future, maybe new Windows release can solve the issue.

Thanks everybody for the support.

J

Back