• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Board choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qlix

So Ive pretty much decided Im done with this pos Asus P8P67-Pro. Im just gonna give it to my wife.

Please recommend a board < $150. The lower the better. Im looking for stability, ease of setup/OC, and SLI. PCIE3.0 isnt that big a deal.

Local mom&pop shop has this & this for around the same price.

The Sabertooth scares me as its P67 still. I dont want to run into the same problems I am already having. However the Sabertooth is a much better board, or at least should be.

Im not locked into those 2 boards, theyre just available to me instantly rather than waiting on shipping :p

edit: This is probably on the list as well

Last edited:
Do you know if there is anyway to tell whats coming in an open box buy from newegg? or is it pretty much a crap-shoot.

Update: my e6 came in today. Installed without a hitch so far, picked up ram settings without issue, using my 3570k (with a suspect memory controller) hopefully eliminating my CPU as defective. I'm gonna chalk it up to a figety p67-pro that didn't like 4 sticks of ram.

Will continue to update when I start to oc

Rugscrubber, please let me know what you do for the OC. I used the motherboard BIOS profiles and it's working great @ 4.5. I'm sure I'm not using the most tunned settings but temps stay below 65 and V doesn't go any further than 1.226

Well, right off the bat I'm seeing a multi capped at 42 again.

I gotta be setting something wrong. There's no way

Back