• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X570 e gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aliitp

Registered
Hi guys

Am considering this board due to local availability and it seems pretty much high end to me ...

Am wondering though regarding one thing, this board says it supports both nvme slots gen4 but x1 I think when running both slots, I was hoping to get 2x nvme gen4 such as the Samsung 980 pro and put them both On raid
Will those board at x1 for both slots support full disk speeds on the nvme ssds ?? This single ssd can do up to 7gb/sec I guess

Raid0 is pretty much DOUBLE THE SPEED SPEAKING THAT FROM EXPERIENCE, I just wanna know will I see 14gb per sec or what with both gen4 nvme in raid ?!?! Just need someone to address that urgently as I need to buy them soon due to low stock,

On the other hand, I have the option to go with either the 3950x or the 5900x (pretty much both the same price) what do u think is a better option ? Am leaning towards the 3950x as I wanna see 16 cores, any thoughts ))

Thanks,

There are two PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 sockets on that board.
1 x M.2 x4 Socket 3, with M Key, Type 2242/2260/2280/22110(PCIE 4.0 x4 and SATA modes) storage devices support
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, Type 2242/2260/2280/22110(PCIE 4.0 x4 and SATA modes) storage devices support
Those two M.2 sockets are fed by different sources (CPU and chipset) so I'm not sure why it would split to x1. Where did you see that? I checked the manual quickly but didn't see any mention of that.

Unless you can actually use that kind of throughput for R0, you'll barely notice a difference. You may have some nice benchmark numbers, but unless you're constantly transferring files and such, it's not worth it (at least to me) to use RAID0 (or any form so long as I don't want disk redundancy).

5900x for sure. The 5 series is notably better than the 3 series. Glad you're looking into the CPU upgrade! :thup:

Last edited:
Both slots will run PCIe x4 simultaneously.
However, speaking from experience, the 2 NVME slots cannot be RAID-0 striped. I tried, it failed. There is NVME RAID support so that they will still function as individual drives for when the rest of the system is set to run in RAID functionality only.
There is the possibility that I did not understand how to make it work, however no internet search verified it could be done.

In other words, there's no RAID options for m.2 on that board? Curious.

Edit: I found the link below.... it shows m.2 striping and on that same board (scroll down to amd raid setup) I believe...
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045089/

I guess I misspoke. I was able to get the raid stripe, but windows would not recognize the driver for it. Even after installing windows on a different drive I still was unable to force windows to recognize the NVME RAID array or accept drivers for it.
Seeing that it was my first AMD build since the launch of intel Core chips, I decided not to pursue the matter because like you said, would you really notice the difference other than shiny bench mark numbers.

This was all done about a year ago, maybe the drivers have matured, or like I said perhaps I didn't understand how to make it work. To be clear, what that link describes I did, but Windows at that time would not take it, at least not for me.

*Edit: The one thing on that link I do not remember doing was Step 4: Change CSM to Disabled.
Not sure if that was the problem, but seems like it would only affect the boot process anyhow.

There are two PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 sockets on that board.

Those two M.2 sockets are fed by different sources (CPU and chipset) so I'm not sure why it would split to x1. Where did you see that? I checked the manual quickly but didn't see any mention of that.

Unless you can actually use that kind of throughput for R0, you'll barely notice a difference. You may have some nice benchmark numbers, but unless you're constantly transferring files and such, it's not worth it (at least to me) to use RAID0 (or any form so long as I don't want disk redundancy).

5900x for sure. The 5 series is notably better than the 3 series. Glad you're looking into the CPU upgrade! :thup:

well i figured out to do the build all at once for both hardware and liquid cooling parts, not twice...

might as well go with the 5950x, lets see if i can swallow that pill !

am still stuck however trying to buy the correct RGB DDR4 RAM for this product in our local market, only these options are available:
https://www.amazon.ae/s?k=ddr4+32gb+amd&ref=nb_sb_noss

will any of them work regardless whether or not found here ?
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...MD_Ryzen_5000_Series_Processors_X570_0423.pdf

and does it have to be compatible with AMD Ryzen or any DDR4 RAM can work ?...

i cant find a compatible RAM here in the local market,

any advice appreciated...

thank you,

Well I don't know if anything is 100%, but G. Skill's should be adequate, also I believe if your memory is on that list they will accept a return if it doesn't run XMP (please clarify this with G. Skill or by reviewing their policy before purchasing). I believe what ED meant was that you had a pretty good chance of being able to run any kit of Trident Z Neo with that config. As long as your buying from somewhere with a solid return policy I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Well I don't know if anything is 100%, but G. Skill's should be adequate, also I believe if your memory is on that list they will accept a return if it doesn't run XMP (please clarify this with G. Skill or by reviewing their policy before purchasing). I believe what ED meant was that you had a pretty good chance of being able to run any kit of Trident Z Neo with that config. As long as your buying from somewhere with a solid return policy I wouldn't sweat it too much.

sadly am in turkey Not in the US, so i cant return anything once purchased, just trying to source a compatible ram in the local market thats all, i may send gskill an email to ask them if XMP will work on the board or not...

Back