• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BOINC - 10 active with over 100K!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dk Jedi Allianc

Our BOINC top 10 has now over 100.000 in avg!! So come on over and join us.
We need a little more power to claim # 11. They are avg. something like 1500 points more than us per day.

WE CAN BEAT THEM!!

So come on team!

Team stats

I got this from berkeley

We are still far from forcing old SETI@home users to move over to BOINC. When BOINC is poised to take on 500,000 more users, we'll throw the switch.

Seti classic WILL finish, why not beat the rush & help us to get into the top ten now.

Looks like we really only have about 100 active users on OC Seti Boinc. Amazing that we have been able to keep the #12 rank with so few but from what is going on at Berkeley the only thing holding them back from the forced switch is funding for the hardware to be completed.
November 17, 2004 - 20:00 UTC
As part of SETI@home classic ramping down, we are busy cleaning up the old on-line database (an intemediary database that doesn't exist in BOINC) as well as preparing a new master database that will contain classic and BOINC SETI@home data on a system with higher capacity/throughput. We are also planning for much more capacity/throughput on the main BOINC database (adding hardware raid, a db replica server, etc.).

texasfit said:
Looks like we really only have about 100 active users on OC Seti Boinc. Amazing that we have been able to keep the #12 rank with so few

Did some calculating on that. In fact the top 13 on our team produces 22000+ points per day - or just about 50% of our daily output. This means that the rest - 128 active is producing "only" 171 points in avg. per day. If we could manage to increase this number the top 10 would be in range with current active members.

Just did a quick crunch of Dec 01's numbers care of SetiSynergy.

Total Credit for 12/01/2004: 56,996

Top 13 Points/Day: 27,964 (49.063% of daily output)
Bottom 127 Points/Day: 29,032 (50.937% of daily output)

Bottom 127 Average Points/Day for 12/01/2004: 228.5984

Bottom 127 Average WU's/Day: 7.6199 WU (assuming ~30 points per WU).

Again, raw calculations. The daily totals are really going to fluctuate, but it gives us an idea of where we as a BOINC team are.

PS. Watchout Moonbiter.... I'm comin for ya! :D

belorsch said:
Have they worked all the bugs out of the boinc client yet??
There has not been any outages or problems with the client since October 14th and there have been no outages or problems with version 4.13 since it came out about the 18th of October.

Looks like they have worked out the major bugs and now it is just a matter of increasing the hardware prior to turning off Seti Classic.

yeah, me and my friend are crunching. i have my computer, the girls computer, my friends computer crunching for me, my friend is crunching on his computer, and laptop, and i'm about to get another friend to join us.

me and my friend ( i'm Brandon McDaniel, he's brainiac1000 ) are thinking about just joining together, under my account. we want to see how high we can get on the OC Forums. currently, i'm in the top 50, and he's just outside the top 50. and once we join together, we are getting our other friend to crunch under out name too.

one of my other friends, that is crunching under my name, when he gets money, he's going to update his CPU, so that should at least tripple his output. ( he has an older amd chip, like a thunderbird or something, pretty slow, he's going to update it to the mobile 2600+ )

and i try to get anyone else i can find to join in too.

everyone, get anyone you know with a computer to crunch for out team, before boinc starts getting more teams, and more people, cause once it fully hits, we will have competition once again.

JetEngineMech said:
I just joined a couple of days ago. Does it usually take a few days to apply your points?
Yes and No
There has to be 3 successful results returned by 3 different computers to recieve credit. You can look under your accout at the results link to see any pending results. Normally it takes a few days to start showing credits in your account.

have faith. It has gotten alot better, when i first converted to BOINC in early september, things were bad and it took 2 weeks plus before i got any credits. U should get them soon.

In team stats i have some numbers higher then other but they are ranked above me..... ?

i am going as fastas i can be nice one i got my 3.0C stable @ 3.9GHz :D as well push my 2.6C to try and be stable @ 3.2 :D

UPDATE:

With Skyhook our team now has 14 members with 100K or more! Very impressive :drool:

WAY TO GO TEAM!

(Phoenix Rising is now in sigth - Diff is now 153957 Points :burn: )

i just jumped to 40th spot on our top crunchers!!

i'm still crunching away like mad. and my friend got his upgrades done, so his is crunching with me. and if my other friend crunches under my name too, add another 2 computers, and my other too, that will be 3 more comps crunching. may hit the top 25!!

Some of you may have farms running whatever it takes, but I have to support a family and have to take into account expenses like a powerbill amoungst others. I am not any less enthousiastic or driven then any top-10 cruncher and I'm proud I can run a Pentium-M 1.6 laptop 24/7 (only a 65Watt adaptor) and the main rig in my sig is often left on overnight. Together they are nearing 40,000 credits...

Lancelot said:
Some of you may have farms running whatever it takes, but I have to support a family and have to take into account expenses like a powerbill amoungst others. I am not any less enthousiastic or driven then any top-10 cruncher and I'm proud I can run a Pentium-M 1.6 laptop 24/7 (only a 65Watt adaptor) and the main rig in my sig is often left on overnight. Together they are nearing 40,000 credits...

No worries m8. This is the great thing about this team. Wether you donate with 1 pc a couple of hours per day or have a farm doing 24/7 - you are still appreciated! Thank you for all your hard work!

And 40000? Thats awesome in my book! It still places you among the top 5000 in the world. And that is nothing to be a shamed of!!

Keep it up buddy!!

Back