• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BOINC 6.6.4 now available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does that fix the issue of CUDA only ignoring CPU issue? That is use all CPU cores + GPU at once?

I installed 6.6.3 plus the Raistmer's opt package V8a CPU GPU Team SSE AMD and included the required cc_config.xml to correctly identify 3 cores (dual core opteron plus the gpu). I am now crunching 3 units at the same time, and the vlar units that would cause errors are automatically aborted.

I take it that it can do the regular MB work units + the CUDA work too, eagle? If so, I might try this on my main rig, which has an 8800GTS in it. But I will see how it works out for you first for a little bit. Please keep us informed on any problems with it.

I take it that it can do the regular MB work units + the CUDA work too, eagle? If so, I might try this on my main rig, which has an 8800GTS in it. But I will see how it works out for you first for a little bit. Please keep us informed on any problems with it.

I have disabled AP in the web profile settings.

I installed the new BOINC Client over an existing one.
I installed the Rast.... optimization for 3 cores, AMD dual core + one cuda core.

My RAC chart on this box is headed almost straight up since that install and upgrade.

Sounds great then. To set this up on my main rig, I guess it would be a little different than yours, since it's a quad (QX9650). I'll see how you do over the next week or so then if you aren't having problems I will do it to my main rig. That's the only box that has a CUDA capable gpu presently.

I have to have stability in my installs though, since I work a 14 day on/14 day off schedule and my machines crunch on autopilot while I'm offshore. That's one of the main reasons I quit Folding; their clients that gave decent points return were hopelessly unreliable.

My prior cuda install was not stable, it would lock up without warning and if not carefully monitored the lockup was not obvious.

The current version has not demonstrated that failure thus far. Keep tuned for updates.

You know I will.

I have an 8800GTS (G92) under water that will overclock quite well and with it on water I don't have to worry about temps being a problem.

I'll edit it for you, eagle.

And I just ordered a 9800GTX+ for $134.99 after promo code and mir from the egg, so I can add this to my daughter's machine and give me a second CUDA enabled vid card if this looks like it works well.

I don't know, razorface. I think all this is so new and has been changing so much with updated clients and such that nobody really has a good idea how much more RAC they'll put out. But I'm willing to experient a bit now that I'm back in from the rig. I'll try to get it installed on my main rig and see how it does, since I know what kind of RAC it can do with the optimized v8 apps alone.

I upgraded all my BOINC instances to 6.6.4, and they're not reporting results like the previous version. Every morning I have lots of tasks sitting at 100%. I can manually update and they report fine. I have "network activity always available" selected. The prior version didn't do this. Any ideas? Oh, and I'm running Rosetta, btw.

I upgraded all my BOINC instances to 6.6.4, and they're not reporting results like the previous version. Every morning I have lots of tasks sitting at 100%. I can manually update and they report fine. I have "network activity always available" selected. The prior version didn't do this. Any ideas? Oh, and I'm running Rosetta, btw.
How do you have reporting set up under Advanced/Preferences/Network Usage ...?

Back