• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boinc Stats

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok, this is not specific to your stats as Seti synergy's has the same numbers...
1. our team's RAC is around 25,000 which makes no logical sense looking at the daily production numbers
2. even weirder, we out produced the team above and below us each day this week, but our RAC is lower than both of them :confused: :confused: :confused:

any ideas???

RAC has a half-life and a "decay over time" - so, to pick some random numbers, if we are producing 20,000cs per day, it may take several weeks of that type of production before our RAC is actually at 20,000. The same is also true of your personal account (Which is why most people's RAC is lower than their actual production, at least if you look at a reliable stat site).

RAC is interesting, but IMHO is not the most useful measure of production - certainly not a week after a major server outage anyway :) As the days go by I think [hope] it may become more accurate, but I doubt well ever be "precise" (and indeed it isn't meant to be precise as it is an 'average' of recent credit).

EDIT: If you're really looking for production levels - use boincstats and note the 'credit day', credit week', and 'credit month' numbers - because these are how much we 'actually produced' for those periods - not a running average, etc.

Enk

Last edited:
a wonderfull work!
taking place to the favorits list

Thankyou for your time and work!

please keep on

ric

Update: Sorry I have not made any changes on the page in a while. I have had tons of work to do and have also been putting in a lot of time on a project for school the last few weeks. I am seeing your suggestions and liking them. I will try to add the actual positions moved and all that as soon as i can. Sorry for the hold up.

Jon

I don't think anyone minds that the page hasn't been worked on lately. Real life first, so take your time as you are doing a kick butt job on it! :)

Well poop! I finally started working on the page a bit an my laptop hard drive bit the dust. I got all of my code off but have to wait for newegg to ship me my new drive. I do almost all of my coding on their and do not have an tools installed anywhere else... I hate it when something breaks!!

Heezer that blows. Good luck on your re-install

I have a question. the team RAC, do you calculate that or is it published in the xml stats ?

ewl2 said:
Heezer that blows. Good luck on your re-install

I have a question. the team RAC, do you calculate that or is it published in the xml stats ?

Thanks. Well, i got screwed. I move to a new apt building on campus. It is not listed as an alternate shipping address and newegg says it has to be. Called the bank which i got the card through (Visa Check card) And they are closed till monday.... I want my drive...

It is published by Berkeley in the xml.

thanks Heezer

I'm beginning to wonder if Berkely's DB has screwed up the Team RACs. i understand the whole Half-life deal, but our personal RACs make sense if u look at the production including the outage where they got 0. by now my RAC is fairly accurate. the team RAC isn't even close. or am i nuts?

StormPC said:
heezer7...how often does the stats page (OC Seti Stats Page link) update?

Just realized I'm in the top 40 (39) but not showing up in that page.

they release new xml about every day. Not always the same time and not always every day... lol. My program checks their web site every half an hour and if new xml exists it goes to work on updating it. Also, some times there xml data is not perfectly up to date... Hopefully this will all be faster and more reliable once classic ends and they don't have to support 2 projects.

Congrats on hitting the top 40!!

Nope, just I am stupid. I have been messing with my laptop and studying for a test and didn't realize my server has been locked up. I just rebooted it and it is starting an update now. Sorry about that.

Edit: Page has been updated and server is up and running again. Sorry team!

Last edited:
No it is automatic. My program sits in the systray and checks for updates ever 30 minutes. As soons as it finds one it updates the pages. P.S. Sorry if they are off. My school's interetn has been like berkeley, on and off for the last 2 days...

AQUAJOE said:
Hi de ho. Pushing back to top.
haha, bumped my thread
I like this thread. I think I can honestly say I have never made a post that was viewed 1,700+ times and had 118 Posts! Its kind of fun :D

P.S. I will rewrite the team graph code some time.... :bang head

Back