• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot file server without graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

I have a file server which I connect to remotely. I was wondering if it would be possible to remove the graphics card and still have it boot successfully? My attempts thus far have proved unsuccessful, but after searching online, I ran across a few posts where individuals have said it can be done.

The motherboard is a socket 939 RDX 200.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's the one I saw as well. Is there anyway to do it with Windows 7 instead of Server 2003?

NO idea...

That's the one I saw as well. Is there anyway to do it with Windows 7 instead of Server 2003?
Never tried it and not likely to try such anytime soon. I would try it and see what happens. If it does not work, then buy a cheap cheap video card and on with your other projects.

I've got a couple cards to put in there, I was just hoping to avoid doing so and save on power/noise.

Back