• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

boot problem on hp notebook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
The computer was working ok up until last night. My wife brought me her computer and said something was wrong. It was just a black screen so I pulled the battery and did a shut down. So here is what it is doing - turn it on, all lights come on like normal, hard drive lights for a second, lcd backlight comes on, and that's it. Doesn't even get to the hp splash screen with the option to press esc for boot options. If I press and hold the power button it will shut off, rebooting does the same thing.

I hooked it up to external monitor to make sure the screen was okay. Tried different hard drive and ram, and bios battery pull. Still nothing. What did notice after you power it up and sit a few min. The cpu area gets very warm. I have run out of ideas. Anybody?

thanks for the replies, sorry it took a while to post an update. I did all the above and even tried different ram and hard drive. If I hook up an external monitor I don't get anything either. I decided to take it to a local repair shop and see what they think. I checked in today and he said he had taken it apart and tried another processor with the same results...so he is going to replace the mobo.

Back