• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boredom + Pentium D = 5.18Ghz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

I got bored last night and was looking around for some hardware to play with. I am testing a few things on my secondary rig atm so its out on my desk.

I thought it would be quite cool to take the cpu from it, a pentium D945, and put it into the P35-DS3R in my main rig.

About an hour and 1.8v later this happened.
340388.png

Scarily my mobo has limited voltage options, after 1.6v it has two options, 1.8 and 2.0!! nothing in between. so when it stuck on the windows load with 1.6v @5Ghz i had to crank it up to 1.8. this was only to get into windows and get the cpuz validation file. Thers no way im benching or anything with only water and 1.8v.

and aparently its 16th in the world for this chip.

Last edited:
Good job :)

I have the 3.2ghz version of that in my server....should I dry ice it? :shrug:

Good job :)

I have the 3.2ghz version of that in my server....should I dry ice it? :shrug:

Id love to dry ice this bad boy.... i recon i could get a few more mhz out of it. maybe hit 5.5 dunno.

iv been looking into dry ice. the only problem is the price of a pot. :(

theyr not rele that good for benching... just Mhz. I did a superpi 1M run at around 5Ghz and it took like 22s.. not great lol.

iv been looking into dry ice. the only problem is the price of a pot. :(
Wait for a good deal or ask around :)

I got my first one for....35 shipped I think. It was cheap and wasn't the best out there, but it was still good ;)

Wait for a good deal or ask around :)

I got my first one for....35 shipped I think. It was cheap and wasn't the best out there, but it was still good ;)

wow... 35! awesome. iv seen em for like $100 thats why i was hesitant.

just submitted it to hwbot and it got me 3.3 points..yey :D

That is cool. Reminds me back in the days of the 5 and 6ghz clubs for the PD. There were tons of 5ghz club members.

Ah man, I just gave my 945 to my father.

lol.. maybe you could steal it for a day of OCing. :D

Im just about to throw it back in and see if i can tweak the BIOS any more to get a few mor MHz

Addictive, isn't it ;)

You should join the benching team :)

I applied a while ago but dunno if iv been accepted. It says on myhwbot profile im a member of the OCF bit. Does that mean im in?

This is the top speed I could get it to do. 5.2Ghz

Now working on max FSB :D

Edit: 320 and climbing

Could only get the FSB to 320 :(

Benching at 4.8 with 1.472v shown in cpuz now.. seems pretty stable but havnt tested.

Im loving this chip... I just got the top PCmark05 for this chip on hwbot with 8318 marks :D.

Back