• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bottleneck.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Need more info.

Do you mean 4x2GB?
What's the intended usage? I'm assuming gaming.
If gaming, what resolution?

Yes. 4 x 2 GB. Each ram 1333 MHz. Gaming. 1080p. On my old 580 games felt a little bit laggy for no reason, and I was wondering if I need, for example : 2x4GB 1600MHz to fix it on my new 780Ti.

ram will get you a whole bunch of............nuttin, almost zero, zip, ziltch, nada.
I just went through this to find out for myself, 800 to 2400, zip, ziltch, nada.
1333 will do fine, just try to get cl5.

Appreciated. But I'm asking if the ram wouldn't bottleneck like before.

I highly doubt the RAM was the cause of your stutters.
It could be anything. OS problems, driver issues, etc.

When you had the 580, what was the rest of the hardware? I'm assuming it wasn't the same CPU/motherboard.

TuneX, can you give us a more complete picture of your present hardware, PSU, motherboard, PSU, CPU cooler and OS version as well? Are you sure you aren't getting thermal throttling? Have you done any temp monitoring?

Now I'm with the z97x-ud5h-bk. All drivers up to date. About OS... I think I will try a clean start to check. My last configuration was 580 and i7 930, motherboard ex58-ud3r. I upgraded it to i5 4690k and 780Ti. The problem still there. It could be RAM, or HDD. I don't see any more causes.

Back