• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brainstorming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dlaw

I'm just kind of sitting at my computer right now looking at what I have and thinking of what I can afford right now.

My system's specs are in my sig, and it's all set up at my built-in desk in my house. My computer sits in a cabinet that I've taken the door off of, that sits to my right on the floor. There's another cabinet above it. I want to take that cabinet out completely, and extend my desk over to the wall (about 2 feet). Then, I want to move my computer to on top of the desk, and take out the wall next to my feet on that cabinet. Now here is my idea;

There's a guy down the street selling an old mini fridge. I'm thinking it doesn't have an ice chest, but I could be wrong. If I were to buy it, and get a water block for my processor, radiator, reservoir and a water pump, could I drill holes in the top of the fridge, put the reservoir, radiator and some fans in there, put the fridge under my desk and run lines to the pump and block? Would it be worth it if I could?

If it does happen to have an ice chest, could I put at least the reservoir in there assuming there's enough space? Would I need to use antifreeze of some kind?

I should note that my case doesn't have holes for cooling lines, so I would have to make some. I may just hold off on the idea until I have the money to build my new system. Basically I was just wondering if it's possible/effective.

You can do anything... however the minifridge idea has been played out 29345692365 times. It does not work well, at least for long. A refrigerator is not made for constant heat loads and you will quickly kill the unit trying to keep up with a constant heat load.

Back