• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

brand new evga rtx2070 super, tripping my UPS??? SOLVED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steveokinevo

as the title says, i just upgraded from a msi gtx 1060 6gb to the new generation. everything booted up fine, 1st time. everything seems good. started call of duty, fine. started matchmaking, UPS starts doing a long solid beep and it will stop if i back out of matchmaking. i have done some research and ended up unplugging just about everything (except PC) from the UPS and it seems to be working fine now (no beeping). my question is, do i need a new, bigger UPS? thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Steve,

450 watts isn't going to make it with that vid card and with your overclock. That vid card is a bear! You need bigger: 650 W APC or more. Get your best price for 650W or more if the price is right. Go by'watts.'

since i couldnt find anything that would be shipped soon i just picked up the APC 1500 from office depot for a little bit more...... o well. should be safe now.

since i couldnt find anything that would be shipped soon i just picked up the APC 1500 from office depot for a little bit more...... o well. should be safe now.

Steve,

With some of the buying issues online today I would have done the same thing. That's a nice unit. :thup:

That's a good buy, I tend to stick with the 1500 ones as well, better to have more capacity than too little. Also means it gets to stay on slightly longer if power trips.

seems everything is fine now. on another note is 65c ok for these things? i havent touched any settings. thats what the peak is during COD for me. i used afterburner when i was using the 1060. now i have the evga software now and im not really familiar. i understand its all the same settings n all. what kind of clocks could/should i get?

65c under load is normal. I originally bought the FE card and it would rocket up to the 80's and not spin the fans up very much

just played forza 7. max settings everything. peaked at 76c..... too high?

EDIT: think i figured out that my fans wherent at the lvls i wanted them at. now its at around 62 - 65

Last edited:
Yeah either is fine, setting the fan curve to be more aggressive will improve performance a bit though, as temperature is a factor in the GPU determining it's clock.

Back