• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Breaking News: 8800gts 320MB Reviewed!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Evilsizer said:
yea but the sweet spot is going to be the 8600GT/Ultra cards..
Hopefully you're right. I'm looking forward to the 8600 Ultra (might end up getting 2 in SLi if the prices are around 179 like they say).

I would imagine 2 8600 Ultras could keep up with an 8800GTS.....but this is just speculation.

EDIT: Don't know why, but I don't think I would be comfortable buying an 8800 with half the memory.....looks like it had a pretty large hit on performance in some games.

Do you think it's worth it for the money you save?Or are you better of with the 640mb version.

doubt 75mhz core and 200mhz memory is going to make up and surpass a 50% difference o_O

core2due said:
Do you think it's worth it for the money you save?Or are you better of with the 640mb version.

Its a tough call. 50 bucks for double the memory. I would feel more comfy with the 640. I doubt the upcoming dx 10 games will be any less hungry for video memory than fear and quake 4 were.

Well I just snatched up the Leadtek card. I've been fighting with myself all weekend trying to decide if I wanted to get a 8800GTS for $400. This came in the nick of time and was an easy compromise.

Ya think if i had the money i would definitely go with the 640mb version.But thats a good price so it also tempting to get the 320mb version

Maviryk said:
$60 AMIR with the eVGA 640Mb. Guess it depends on how much $$ you want for that extra 10FPS.

I wish some DX10 numbers were out. With the physics calculations DX10 is supposed to be introducing, I would think the double memory would really help it there.

I guess time will tell though. I do feel a little better about having the 640 version. I think it’s kinda cool to look @ newegg when no one has written a review of it yet.

/edit After reading some of the reviews when full AA is applied it does take a hit. Which having the 640 version kinda makes me feel better inside. I guess….

Last edited:
ChinStrap said:
I wish some DX10 numbers were out. With the physics calculations DX10 is supposed to be introducing, I would think the double memory would really help it there.

I don't think the amount of memory will significantly affect physics calculations.

i may jump on this when the time comes... seems to be the midrange card i'd look for.. again, when it's time. :D

it seems like it depends on the game if the 320 is a lot worse than the 640, or close to it... quake4 is a huge gap, but like hl2 it seems very close to the 640...

i guess it depends on how much you stress the card... ?

mm im plaining to buy the 320mb one.. but im not sure if its worth it... or i could wait for the 8600ultra.. hm. i have a 19 inch widescreen 1440x900. is it worth it?

Back