• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Breaking News: 8800gts 320MB Reviewed!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have to admit, I'm not terribly impressed by the 320mb version of the card. It almost seems illogical that reducing the memory from 640mb->320mb would put the card at or below 256mb cards in certain situations.

Here's to hoping it is a driver issue or something. :beer:

so basically at 1680x1050 or 1600x1200 and under it performs on par with the 640mb counterpart... correct?

nice card for 300 beans

Rattle said:
so basically at 1680x1050 or 1600x1200 and under it performs on par with the 640mb counterpart... correct?

nice card for 300 beans
it seems to depend on the game, but majority seems so... but that was just briefly skimming through the reviews.

i saw in Quake4 a huge drop at high res i believe... and in Prey high res.

strange must be quake at ultra settings taking up all the room for textures. I would think that system ram would play a part not making such a huge difference. Maybe the "seperate" 8800 nvidia drivers are to utilize 640mb and higher ram and this card doesnt benefit from it.

I guess we can expect a new vista and XP driver or do the last 2 already support this card ?

I think if you don't care about AA, resolutions >1280x1024, or you don't play the 30+ multiplayer games you might as well get the 320. For singleplayer games it looks like a bargain.

I like AA, but i'm more into HDR.

for example, i feel like Xbox 360 has no AA @ all... cuz powerlines in the background are ugly as hell, but man everything else looks so bright and sexy!!

but we REALLY need to see benchmarks on DX10... wish there was some to throw at it...
vProng said:
I think if you don't care about AA, resolutions >1280x1024, or you don't play the 30+ multiplayer games you might as well get the 320. For singleplayer games it looks like a bargain.

Yah looks like this is a pas for me..When the 640MB can get up to 130% better performance in high res high AA games... seems like the 90 dollar difference between the 2 cards gets eaten up rather quick

this looks more like a 150 dollar card... too me. (and will be in a couple of months im sure)

phantasm said:
Well it's an eVGA, step up, unless you've already stepped up.

how often can you do the step up program? i went from a 7800gt to a 7900gt last jan and would like to do something similar here.

beavismorpheus said:
how often can you do the step up program? i went from a 7800gt to a 7900gt last jan and would like to do something similar here.

You can only step up once, have to buy another retail card to be able to step up again.

I'm disappointed I figured the 320MB card would be ~250. At 300 it's doesn't seem like such a deal, I'm ordering the 640 tonight for $60 more to double the memory.

TimeCop said:
You can only step up once, have to buy another retail card to be able to step up again.

I'm disappointed I figured the 320MB card would be ~250. At 300 it's doesn't seem like such a deal, I'm ordering the 640 tonight for $60 more to double the memory.

thats cool, i have no problem doing that. thx for the info

you are tough to please. i heard they were considering pricing this card at 349. :p

I bet its down to $250 and the 640mb at around $300 before the x2800s come out. maybe even cheaper? what do you guys think? surely nvidia will want to put as many of these into our machines as possible before theres any competition.

exciting times once again

Back