• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bricked my Sabertooth x79

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Plugged in the new bios chip and replaced the 8 years old PSU. Was installing windows and with the first update got a video related BSOD. While mucking around I realized that in the bios the MB was only detecting 3 of 4 memory sticks. I changed the memory around and the same memory socket was not detecting the memory stick. I tried channel b and the board wouldn't even post. I've called for a RMA on the board related to the memory problem. I tried the EVGA GTX 580 in my daughter's pc and it BSOD'd. I called EVGA and it turns out I'd never registered the card so the lifetime warranty meant 1 year. So I had a rather expensive and awkward paper weight. I ran across a post about repairing a video card by baking it. I stripped the card down and baked it at 385F for about 9 minutes. It worked!! I popped the card into my daughter's PC, ran a stress test, and it did just fine! Now we will see how long the RMA process takes.

Back