• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSEL MOD voltage problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tornes

Hi, ill make a long story short. I tried BSEL mod on q6600, and it actually works, but win 10 crashes every now and then, so its not stable. Probably because of too low voltage. I have a acer eg43m motherboard. Here is the link to it: http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-acer-eg43m/

The question: Is there an pinmod on lga775 that increases the voltage? Is it really voltage that is the problem? Please help, i'm grantful!

Hi. thanks for quick reply, if anyone knows something, just reply! thanks!

That board has very little muscle in the power delivery. Could be that it's heating up and then crashing on you. Most Q6600 would run 3.0 on stock voltage. You might want to check airflow through the case and maybe place a fan in there to blow on the VRM section. That might be all it need. On top of that I doubt that board "officially" supports Win10 in the first place

Yeah, motherboard is pretty ****. It only has 3 vrms or what its called. I managed to do voltage mod but i dont have conductive ink pen so i used aluminium foil. It wasnt so hard, used super glue to make it stick. I grounded Vid 3. The mod didnt work though. I tried to up the VID from 3,25 to 3,75 but it didnt work. Some weird **** happened. Cpu temps was 100 C, but i dont think they really were 100C. Once the VID was 1,1625. it doesnt make any sense. The temps on the mobo isnt too bad, around 65C when idle. Obviously not optimal, but it shouldnt crash because of that.
Here are the links i used: http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/394951/INTEL/Q6600.html pages . Page 40-41 shows all the pads. Page 15 shows what pins must be 1 and what pins must be 0 to get a certain voltage. I used the link to another thread that one guy gave me here, it was very helpful. This mod should work, but it didnt. It may have been because of bad modding by me, but i dont think so If anyone has something to say, just say it. Thanks for the help i already have been given.

When you located the VID pads did you notice the "Top View" on the datasheet? When looking at the CPU pads, the VID is on the upper left. The datasheet is backwards because it is looking at the heat spreader side of the chip.
Did you use something like CoreTemp to find your CPU's VID? And your Q6600 has a 1.325 VID?

I agree with Johan, rigging a fan to blow on the VRM can only help.

there are two revisions for the Q6600, can you post a cpuz screen shot on the cpu tab?

Hi again. So the vid mod is not working stable in this ****ty mobo. I bought cobbertape, but it didnt work after everything was done correctly. I took away the vid mod, installed som fans, and tried the bsel mod again. The pc is more stable, but prime 95 crashes after running about 5 mins. Checking speedfan i think the vrms are getting really hot, as you guys said. Around 115 at max. I'll try to see if the pc is stable when gaming and not doing prime 95. The problem is now solved, it's a ****ty mobo wityh ****ty vrms thats the reason.

Can it be that the 1,375 VID mod doesnt work, but another VID mod will work?

for any vid mod to work, you first need to know the vid of your cpu. then from there you figure out which vid signals you need to turn to "on" or "off" to get the voltage your after.

Also I can't get that spreadsheet to work in modern versions of Excel. It used to work back in the day with like Office 2003 I think.

Hi again, the problem isnt that i dont know how to do the pad mod, rather that the pad mod simply doesnt work.

Can it be that the reason the pc was unstable, was because i had intel EIST enabled in my bios? shall i try again with no VID mod, only BSEL mod?

Definitely try to disable EIST & C1E and see if it helps. I had an Abit s775 motherboard that would act stupid in certain situations with those options enabled.

i dont know what to tell you that voltage table is something all boards need to support. if it isnt acting right, then i could be like JLK said or the vid-pad mod wasnt done right.

Hi again. The mod doesnt work with intel eist. of. Unstable. suddenly crashes and bluescreen randomly(1 hour or 10 seconds). can it be the temperatures are the reason why it crashes. Reaches around 80 in load. I havent tried the vid mod after disabling intel eist. Does anyone know of a(ny) good cooler(s) that fits lag 775, but also newer sockets like 115-?

Back