• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD during video rendering.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jproductions

Registered
Lately I have been getting BSOD errors, now I am no tech but I know a couple things and know that I need to attach some file so people can see what error I am getting. If someone can point me to a link to how to do that I could also attach that file.

Now here are a couple of the errors, I am going to leave out all the zeros because I never wrote them down anyway.
0xA
0x1A
I usually get these during rendering but I did get one while just transferring files to a server.

I did some reading in the past and it told me many different things. I just recently started OCing when I got new SSDs, with my old hard drives everything was stock and maybe 1 or 2 times in almost a year I got a BSOD. I am not sure what else information I could give, I am trying to get this thing stable. I have ran prime95 for a while and never got any errors, once I got the correct voltage set for the cpu, had to buy a faster fan to keep it cool. Just recently ran memtest with no errors as well. I use Premiere Pro CS5.5 to render my videos.

Any suggestions? Thank in advance.

Anyway:
FX-8150 @4.4Ghz / Arctic Freezer A30 with aftermarket fan
32GB Corsair Vengeance (16x2)
XFX Radeon HD6950
Antec Case w/ 650W PSU
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3

I dont know about RAM, but my CPU got up to 64C during stress testing, but dropped and hovered around 62C. I don't ever get above 58C during rendering. Usually idles around 20C.
My case has 3 120mm and 1 200mm all on their high settings. (these temps are significantly lower than before I got my new fan, I was told max was 70C and even the stock heat sink let it get above 70C while only at 3.6hgz)

Just throwing this out there, but do you think I could not have enough power? I saw an article with all the power consumption of the CPUs under load while over clocked and it said I would be using around 500W under load.

No, your power is fine. I'm thinking your CPU is getting hotter than is recommended. Running at 62C for extended periods is not advised on AMD. Try to keep your temps in the mid-50s max.

Well I didnt get any crashes while running prime95 and those temps were higher and ran longer(~2hrs) than I usually render. These video clips only take 5-15 minutes to render and run at mid 50s, max I was able to record was 58. I just have been rendering clips almost back to back, maybe a 30 minute break in between these clips. So premiere actually runs the lower temps.

But I dont know, you think I should back down to 4.2 to see if the lower temps help?

Ok, I will bump it down tomorrow morning and see how the temps and stability is. If the temp is the problem, which will be hard for me to believe because it never crashed during prime testing, then I will have to get a new case and water cooling which sucks! I don't feel like paying for that right now.

I still have not gotten a blue screen or tried to render yet, but I had a question about a temp. What is TMPIN2 with 59C? I have seen that get really high with my old fan on the heat sink? At 4.4 it got around 75C at one point I believe.
temps.jpg

I just got another BSOD. Not rendering, just copying a file from an external to a local drive, uploading files to a server and I got an error through my eset smart security saying it cannot initialize the smart scan, so I started a smart scan. Temps were around 25C. I really dont think its a CPU issue, this has got to be a Memory problem.
The error was 0xA.
Are there any other ways I can test the memory as memtest doesn't throw any errors?

'm with RJ

If I bump the vcore prim95 throws errors. I get the 0xA error when transferring large files, 25GB+. I just figured thats what it has to be because every time I get that error is when I am transferring a video file from an external. But only happens when I am also uploading files to the server.

If I bump the vcore prim95 throws errors. I get the 0xA error when transferring large files, 25GB+. I just figured thats what it has to be because every time I get that error is when I am transferring a video file from an external. But only happens when I am also uploading files to the server.

Need at least 15% of the HDDs space free or you'll start having problems with the master file table (MFT).

Need at least 15% of the HDDs space free or you'll start having problems with the master file table (MFT).

15% was free, but I was pushing it close with only getting up to 20% space available(after file transfer.)

Could it be because I have SSD RAID0 setup partitioned back into 2 drives. Could affect anything?

I still have not gotten a blue screen or tried to render yet, but I had a question about a temp. What is TMPIN2 with 59C? I have seen that get really high with my old fan on the heat sink? At 4.4 it got around 75C at one point I believe.
temps.jpg

I'm fairly certain that would be your CPU socket temp.
Is that a revision 3 board. We've been seeing some issues in the forums with the rev 3 and FX chips ?

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that would be your CPU socket temp.
Is that a revision 3 board. We've been seeing some issues in the forums with the rev 3 and FX chips ?

I am not sure if its a revision 3, I have a Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3. Maybe the UD3 means revision 3?

But could that cause a ntoskrnl.exe error?

Back