• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSoD on a sweet machine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

haroon158

Registered
Ok so my cpu : intel i7-3770k
gpu : Amd radeon 7950
mobo : asus p8z77-v
primary hd : ocz vertex 3 128 gb
RAM : 2x4gb 1600 mhz
PSU : corsair 750 W

I built this machine myself 5 months ago and its starting to BsOD?

Its done it 4 times now within 2-3 months. But It only happens whilst i am gaming, also it only does it when I have firefox and maybe a video or a stream on in the background, even if its not playing.
edit : If it helps i did no overclocking on my machine my gpu and ram was clocked at factory a few mhz higher than the average.

Why is this !?

Please guys I need help.

You need help, we need more information. Start off checking checking event logs, temperature, and crash dumps. On the hardware side it could be anything, however with what you have described; temps or RAM stand out to me. Could also run a chkdsk to make sure there aren't any drive issues.

You need help, we need more information. Start off checking checking event logs, temperature, and crash dumps. On the hardware side it could be anything, however with what you have described; temps or RAM stand out to me. Could also run a chkdsk to make sure there aren't any drive issues.

a chdsk, I don't know what that is but I will google when I get home in 3 hours.

How do I check event logs and crash dumps?

and I don't think its a temperature issue because when I am gaming nothing really goes over 70 ever from what ive seen.
But I don't know about RAM :s as Idk how to check the temperature of my RAM

Assuming the OS is Win7, and since the 0x50 BSOD STOP error references the tcpip.sys system driver, compare your current file version numbers to those in the following MSKB article...

Error message on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2: "STOP: 0x00000050"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;976527&sd=rss&spid=14498

... and if need be, download the referenced hotfix directly from MS here:

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=976527&kbln=en-us

Back