• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED BSOD System_Service_Exception 03B (FIX: Auto DRAM V was undervolting)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Droolguy

Registered
Brand new build... only a few days old.

Nothing is overclocked right now, I am waiting to get it stable before I start working on it.

Getting intermittent BSOD for System_Service_Exception 03B.

Dumps are attached.

I haven't run Memtest yet, not enough time to make the bootdisk with work until the weekend.

Prime95 picks up errors within seconds when running a blend test, runs perfectly stable on Small FFTs.

Drivers for graphics card have been re-installed.

Attachments

• 071112-29764-01.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
If you can't run Memtest, you can run the built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic utility, assuming either Vista or Win7 is the OS. If you receive errors, try lowering the DRAM frequency to DDR3-1333.

Alright, it ran through 2 tests on standard with no errors.

I switched over to 2 tests on extended and 21% of the way through the first test it locked up.

Rebooting to change the memory freq in bios and re-running to see if that has an effect.

I am not so sure it's the ram now though, I have never had any memory errors lock up a memtest before.

Last edited:
Changed ram to 1333.

Ran "standard" win mem diag, no problems on 2 passes.

Ran "extended" win mem diag, locks up very quickly.

Performing almost exactly as the last test did at this point.

Ran "extended" win mem diag, forced cache mode to on, no problems on 2 passes.

Decided to check with Prime95 since it's the only thing catching any kind of errors (outside of the freezing in the memory diag).

Ran Prime95 for 20 minutes on blend, no errors.

At this point it's looking like my errors are gone, but between 1600 which is stock clock for the ram and 1333 the only indication that it has gotten better is Prime95 is no longer picking errors up.

Now I am wondering why I am picking up errors at the rams rated clock speed.

I am off to check voltages on the ram.

So, this problem has been fixed. These ram chips are very sensitive to undervolting, which the mobo set to auto was doing @ 1.48-ish randomly.

That's where I was picking up my errors @ 1600 but not 1333.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back