• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bubbles in reservoir after refill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fumega

Hello, I'm new here (kind of, second post), so please patient :)

So after a year or so my reservoir was half fill and I decided to refill it, the problem is there are now some tiny air bubbles in there:

9mhCjU.jpg

q0Rqvd.jpg

Are those bubbles OK? If they are not, how can I get rid of them?

Best regards.

Last edited:
Have you tried tapping on the reservoir where the bubbles are?

Let it run. They'll go away by themselves.
You can maybe dust a little while you wait. :D

Yup, dust out the case and those bubbles will clear out eventually.

if you leave the case out on the sidewalk (or in the common hallway if appartment building) overnight, them bubbles wil most likely be gone in the morning :D

No, seriously, they'll (slowly) disappear if you give it a few days.

What irks me more is that you've managed to run over a year before you decided that the level was so low it was time to do something about it... that's balsy :)

Normally i have those types of bubbles in my reservoir for about 1-2 weeks after filling the loop. They will go away, and cause no harm.

some ocd guys in here, that res looks pretty dern clean to me (ignoring the background).

Hey guys, thank you very much for all your replies :)

Regarding the dust, yes there is some but if you think that's a lot you should have seen it a month ago :D

This machine as seen everything, it's always powered on 24/7/365 since 2012 (only reboot for updates and so on), and I don't have the time to clean the dust, but I'm always monitoring the temps (and it was 2 years since it started working, not one sorry).
It was everything, it was a Bitcoin miner back in the day, now runs VM's, and I play some games form time to time.

Only once I had to shut it down, it was when some 120mm fans in the 360 rad failed and I changed them (but only changed when they all failed).

Regards. :)

Back