• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Budget build thoughts, advice wanted :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FWIW in BF4 I'm hitting 6-7GB Ram usage. I DO have programs running in the back ground though. Usually pandora, IGN tips and of course Origin. If you can swing 8Gb Ram in the budget I think it might be benificial.

Just food for thought, you can always build it with 2*2g ram get it running and if there is a need for it stick the single stick in, which I still feel is a bad idea. Then if it runs fine you're good to go and if there are issues you know it's being cause by the single stick that was added. Best bet is going with the 2*4g matching sets I posted second, if the buyer doesn't have an issue paying an extra $45.00 or so for the build. Since you will not be overclocking, you also do not need the aftermarket heatsink, you can just use the stock heatsink and taking the CM Evo out of the build will offset the cost of the extra ram for the most part.

I have to agree with EarthDog, in that the power supply is the most overlooked and important part of the PC. A lot of issues can be solved by just putting in a decent power supply.

In the old days (PII-PIII days and b4 the bad caps issue) when somebody complained about stability issues, the 1st thing I would recomend is to change out the power supply for a bigger one.

+1 for the dual channel memory...2x4gb just works better than a single stick of 8gb

The build Mandrake suggested looks good....I would build it/buy it.
I think Your friend is gonna be happy :cool:

Last edited:
Back