• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build a New Computer to be overclocked in the future

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi, thank you for your help.

For the video card i have decided to go for a 7850 2G as you suggest. It is not really so much and it will last long. And again, i will have a look on friday morning to see if there is any offer and pick the cheapest one.

Also i will take the extreme3 with the Ram, cannot be better price.

No i am looking at the case... i am really lost :)
Price is important, future good airflow for cooling is also something to consider and i would like something quiet. I am not sure if the airflow will be ok with a silence case for overlocking.

I am not sure if that combo of features is possible at all, for now i am looking to this options:

COOLER MASTER Silencio 450 RC-450-KKN1 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $69.99
Fractal Design Arc Midi Black High Performance PC Computer Case $59.99
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ $59.99
Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower $54.99
BitFenix Merc Alpha Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $49.99
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, $49.99
Rosewill CHALLENGER-U3 Black Gaming ATX Mid $59.99 -20off

But again, i will consider the price too, so if there is any offer on friday that goes below that price with good performance...

1-2 intakes and 1-2 exhausts is plenty of airflow for a single GPU system. Having a good flow and having the air directed to the right parts of the computer is more important than the sheer amount of air going through.

Back