• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build a Pc for 600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exteez

Hi guys, I would like to ask a big favor, would somebody build me a whole new computer with every single part new, except for peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard etc). I would like to add that I would like the graphics card to be Nvidia, and the processor to be Intel. Everything else is up to your prefrence guys, I just want a solid build for max 600 british pounds. I also want you guys to advise me a computer case. Dont forget to include hdd, ram etc.

If anyone can be this good to make that list of specs for me I would be very greatful!! thanks!

I don't but I'm considering using a pirate version of windows. Thanks for response.

I don't but I'm considering using a pirate version of windows. Thanks for response.

First off we really do not condone this, if you are looking for free go Linux.

As for building the system what are your intended usage for this computer. Can you also list some retailers sites that are local to you so we can see what is available to you and at what price.

When you say new do you mean not used as well as latest generation? Or just not used?

EDIT: Here's what I put together. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pntygL There's no SSD, just a mechanical drive, but you can always buy one of those later on down the road. The keyboard and mouse aren't "gaming" models, but again, they can be replaced later on, and you can keep the ones I put on the list as backups. Half of your budget I put towards the CPU and GPU because if you want to game, whether that was the point of asking for help with this build or you end up wanting to later then those will be the most important. Really the only step up you could make from the 6500 is the 6600k, the 6600 is just a waste of money in my opinion. I tried to fit a Xeon into your budget, so that if you ARE planning on gaming or doing content creation you can get 4 cores/8 threads, like an i7, for the price of an i5 but I just couldn't get it in there without going over. It's about $120 more for that, between the actual CPU and the cheapest motherboard pcpartpicker has listed that supports it. If you can salvage used parts like case, hard drive or monitor from a different rig instead of buying new ones, or wait and save up a bit more cash, you can get the Xeon which I personally would recommend.

Last edited:
I do believe ya need the UK version of partpicker as it looks like he specified 600BP ;)
Might check the couple previous versions of this deja vu thread.

Thank you everyone for advice, especially Vishera. I put the parts you suggested into account and I have used them in my partpicker when picking parts, however I made some changes. I changed the GPU to MSI from EVGA, I changed the Case because I really like mine, and I've changed the PSU. This is my partpicker list:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6dR9cc

I have used your motherboard but I have been trying to find the same cheap version of this motherboard in a normal ATX; not micro-ATX. Would you please recommend me a normal ATX motherboard that is also compatible with all these parts?

As an answer for other questions, yes this will be a gaming PC and all the parts must be new, the list you made I really liked just would like the normal ATX motherboard if you could suggest that? I would like a bigger one in case I would like to add more RAM in future and because the Tower Case could fit an ATX in there, so therefore putting a micro-ATX there would just waste space, right?

Thank you again for your help! I really appreciate it!

Greetings, Exteez

Any particular reason you want the MSI card? It's 22 pounds more than the EVGA card, and it's only .09 MHz faster out of the box. The second fan really isn't gonna make too much of a difference either, I've seen plenty of reviews on that card that say the single fan is more than adequate to cool the card, even at stock speeds. If you bump it up to 70% or higher, then at the cost of more noise, it'll stay even cooler. To be honest the case is unnecessary as well. The 100R is just as good as the S340, and it's entirely steel as well. Good for keeping yourself grounded while you build the computer, and harder to bend/break. If you want an ATX motherboard you'll need to get a cheaper case, and ideally, stick with the EVGA card. But with just a cheaper case, I should still be able to squeeze an ATX motherboard in there.

EDIT: 550W is far more than you need for this build. Even if you put a 1070 in this computer eventually, that's still only roughly 300 watts. 450 is more than enough for a roughly 270 watt build, and you even have a little more room to overclock your gpu (making it draw more watts) and step your CPU up to the 6600k and overclock that as well.

Last edited:
The cheapest ATX motherboard with 4 RAM slots I could find puts you 7 pounds over your budget. Here's what I would suggest you do right now:

Don't worry about games right now. Leave the graphics card out for right now, and buy it the next time you come into some cash. Unless you're comfortable buying used parts off of eBay, Craigslist, here on the forums, or on other forums websites then the parts you want aren't obtainable all at once with your budget. If you cut the GPU and buy it later, just running off of the 6500's iGPU, you can afford the S340, an ATX motherboard, and a keyboard and mouse (were you still looking to buy those?) right now, then when you get the cash, buy the 1060.

I think he said he doesn't need peripherals.
"except for peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard etc)."
Maybe that will clear up some extra cash for the extra parts on your guys lists?

I think he said he doesn't need peripherals.
"except for peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard etc)."
Maybe that will clear up some extra cash for the extra parts on your guys lists?

D'oh!! Misread the original post and thought it said "even" peripherals. My bad! Yeah that makes it a bit easier :D

I can go a little bit over budget, I just wanted a PC around 600. Yeah I don't need the peripherals dude haha :D. And okay I will stick with the EVGA card and the PSU, could you recommend me a bigger motherboard that will work with the rest please?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Qf2wgL

17 pounds over budget WITH an SSD (120GB) and an ATX motherboard, from the H170 chipset. if you spend a few more pounds you can get Z170, which will mean if you want to upgrade to the i5-6600k or the i7-6700k you'll be able to overclock without buying a new motherboard.

Back