• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build for Inventer 2014

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rokka

Registered
Ok this build was done for my father , to replace an aging pc. It runs the program it was designed for very well and was about 1800.00 at the time of the build..

Case : cooler master cm 690-2 stock cooling fans atm
Power supply : Corsair CM750 V.2 modular
Cpu : AMD FX 8350 with stock cooler and fan
Motherboard : Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
Memory : Hyper X Black 16gb ddr3 1600
Storage : 2x WD Black wd2002faex 2Tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache in raid 1
Video card : Asus R9270-dc2oc....
Operating system : Win 7 64 pro..
Peripheral : Asus DVD Burner
Back-up : Seagate Back-up plus 2tb usb drive.

I may install watercooling to this build at a later date...

I'm glad the build worked well for his needs!

Can we help you with something or...............? :)

nvm sorry wasn't thinking. there was no real question. Just the posting of a build, if it is in the wrong section ?

I think he was inquiring as to the purpose of the post if there is no (unstated) question behind it. It doesn't really provide any information that someone else might use, which is the purpose of these forums.

Regardless, we're happy that the build worked out. :thup:

If I might add a piece of information that could be used by others, you overpaid by about $800, in my opinion. :(

Yeah sorry. Usually there is a question or statement or something. This is just a build from a year ago that you paidoit the nose for. :(

Bear in mind he may not be in America guys. Vat is 20-27% in places; add on shipping or absurd domestic prices... And it can get pricey.

WOW really guys...all parts were bought through newegg.com the build was done 4 months ago not a year....At the time the prices were current...I am in the USA and posted the build because if you go online to the site for Inventor most of the video cards they suggest are 1-3k . So if my reasons for posting was not clear i apologize for that...

No worries. I'm sure the cards they suggest are overpriced. They also probably list MSRPs.
I just don't see how the total was so high, especially 4 months ago.

I think I see what you're getting at now, though. You're saying "here's a build for Inventor which is drastically cheaper than the one suggested by Inventor's site". We're all just saying, you could have had A LOT more for A LOT less money.

Out of curiosity, did you start a thread here when you initially put the build together. We could have helped! :)

EDIT: Also, is there a monitor/peripherals in the $1800 somewhere? I could see that bringing it up, I guess...

I don't see how, the price was the best i could do at the time. As far as posting the build before hand I didn't need any advice on the build. the only issue at that time was if the video card would handle the Inventor program.. The price of the build will be posted as billed to me by newegg....

Case : cooler master cm 690-2 $100
Power supply : Corsair [CX]750 $90
Cpu : AMD FX 8350 $180
Motherboard : Asus Sabertooth 990fx $170
Memory : Hyper X Black 16gb ddr3 1600 $170
Storage : 2x WD Black wd2002faex 2Tb 7200 rpm $225
Video card : Asus R9270-dc2oc $190
Operating system : Win 7 64 pro.. $140
Peripheral : Asus DVD Burner $20
Back-up : Seagate Back-up plus 2tb usb drive. $100

That's $1600, so +10%, I could see it being $1800.

However,

As far as posting the build before hand I didn't need any advice on the build.

you definitely could have saved yourself a ton had you posted here before buying. Here's an example thread from a couple months ago...

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747940

Dude starts out with a list of parts, later tells us his budget, and several people put together builds for him with much better hardware within his budget.

There's a pcpartspicker link in one of the posts with an i5/280x for ~$1000.

Never hurts to ask. :thup:

Anyway turns out to be a moot point, my father died soon after the built was completed..I have the system sitting under my desk atm, it is going to replace the system in my sig....He got to use it for about a month and loved it, including the lighted fans..

Bummer about your dad. I hope you can put the system to good use. The GPU is a little underpowered for modern games, but the FX8350 is still a very capable chip and probably the one I'd look at if I went with an AMD build.

yeah - sorry to hear about your dad.

It's funny, joined about a month and a half ago and 90% of the posts are inquisitive in nature, so I think par for the course to simply wonder what the "question" is when there is none to be found.

I like it by the way... love my 8350 so far!

Hey Tetrall, you wouldn't happen to play BF3 or BF4 would you?

I was wanting to compare an 8350/290 combo on Ultra settings, 1080P in those games to my i7/290 without making an AMD rig :)

I do play BF4, what kind of stats do you need Ninja? Shall we make a new thread?|

EDIT: I do use a 1680x1050 monitor though... like the sig says, an old potato...

Last edited:
rokka,

I'd be interested in seeing a breakdown of the individual system component costs when you purchased it. Do you still have that info? And you say you bought all the pieces from NewEgg?

Back