• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build new pc in old case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Do you guys think it would be worth it to build another system in my Phanteks case and sell it once I get this new case? Or do you think I would lose cash on the deal?
If so which parts would you choose to put in it to make the most profit? I'm thinking Ryzen, a 1060, a 128 sd, a 1tb hd, 8 gb ram. What do you guys think?

The Phanteks Enthoo Luxe in your sig?
I don't know much anything about that case, but I can tell you that I put many systems in older cases without a problem.

That being said I can't say that you'd be better of or worse off not knowing what your going to replace the case with.

Same... we are unable to see shopping cart links unless it specifically gives you an external link for sharing it. ;)

Oddly enough, it defaults to that for me as well. There was an option (on my phone) to switch to us site. ;)

That Luxe is a nice case. It should still have some decent value left in it as long as you didn't toss it down the stairs or anything. Not sure about shipping costs, but they enjoy a good reputation for building in.

Yea, I love it.. Perfect shape. But, I just want something new. And me being OCD everything must match. It's throwing off the whole scheme.

Going to get the new CoolerMaster case. This one. Wanted a smaller case and no more white, nothing matches it. https://www.cmstore.eu/cart.php?suggest=ee97f26d-382b-489a-a8a2-5bd21e4d5669&setCurrencyId=1 That's the case I'm going to replace it with. You can see all my PC pics in my gallery.

That CM is not smaller and personally I like quality of Phanteks more. Just feels like a bit better product ( even though I had some issues with 2 of their cases ).
I just see you are looking for a reason to change your PC case as it's clearly not a must.
Either way, as long as you like it and fell it will be a good purchase then why not.

That CM is not smaller and personally I like quality of Phanteks more. Just feels like a bit better product ( even though I had some issues with 2 of their cases ).
I just see you are looking for a reason to change your PC case as it's clearly not a must.
Either way, as long as you like it and fell it will be a good purchase then why not.

I agree Woomack. I have both cases. They are both very large and have similar features. The Cooler master has less water cooling capabilities, less HDD bays, and no ODD bays.

Back