• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Build suggestions, limited budget :) All suggestions welcome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Al-Dazllez

Registered
Hi All!
Just wondered if you nice guys could give some experienced advice on what to do on my proposed build; As it is not for me but for a friend as a gift (long story and a very good pal of mine)
So basically I have 550 AUD to play with (give or take 50)
and I attached what I came up with
the only things I want to keep a must are the case and side panel for customization purposes later on, but other than that I am unsure if this is going anywhere :cry:
all the stuff I want to be sourced from PCCasegear.com as they are very convenient for me and yeah, that's about it
Any advice welcome, and yes I am trying to maximize its gaming ability and fans I have, but I am mostly unsure of what PSU, CPU GPU and Mobo, even RAM to get as I have never dealt with such a budget (for god sakes:confused:)
PS I know its a build we all might despise, but the budgeting is kinda fun for me and its an entry level build to show him the basics (yes..he is da n00bz) and to surpise him at the end by giving it to him :)
Please guys help out as this is a b-day/long time friend gift..find the kindness in your Hearts!!! :salute:

Thanks in advance :confused:

Attachments

• Faouzi.PNG
    Faouzi.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Probably better off getting a10 kaveri, 8gb of ram and dropping the gpu all together.

Probably better off getting a10 kaveri, 8gb of ram and dropping the gpu all together.

After doing that Ill blow my budget by $100 :cry:
even though the GPU can wait, the a10 ends up being $200 :eek: with the 6400k being $130 less
what about a 5600k?
EDIT: from what I understand the Kaveri has on board graphics similar to the 7000 series AMD's? any clarification?
and after putting on an a10 6800K its now at a level $583 with 8gb Ripjawz 2x4gb
Sorry about that, I thought the kaveri was just the 7850K :|

Last edited:

after some fiddling I came up with this:
FX 6300 CPU
and ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 Motherboard
All up withing budget still
???? think its worth it going from a10/8 to FX?

How about the unlocked pentium 3258? Or whatever... I always forget myself. Lol. And I own the chip!
Then throw in a gtx 750 or something.

How about the unlocked pentium 3258? Or whatever... I always forget myself. Lol. And I own the chip!
Then throw in a gtx 750 or something.

If i do that and couple the Pentium with a ASRock B85M-PRO4 Motherboard
and a r7 240 by saphhire im still withing budget :) thoughts?:thup:
Also, should I keep that PSU?

I know you wanted the Bitfenix..

But I think the Spec 01 is more practical. Already has a side window.

SSD FTW! :p. I'm aware it's over budget, but for gaming.. You'll need something a bit better than your current choice for the GPU IMO. The GTX 750 performs well at 1080p for medium-high settings.

I also opted for a board that will support the Pentium out of the box, the Asrock B85 may require a bios update, which may be a problem if you don't have another haswell chip lying around.

*shrug*, you did say give or take 50.. I'm just shy of 600 XD.

Build-01.PNG

I know you wanted the Bitfenix..

But I think the Spec 01 is more practical. Already has a side window.

SSD FTW! :p. I'm aware it's over budget, but for gaming.. You'll need something a bit better than your current choice for the GPU IMO. The GTX 750 performs well at 1080p for medium-high settings.

I also opted for a board that will support the Pentium out of the box, the Asrock B85 may require a bios update, which may be a problem if you don't have another haswell chip lying around.

*shrug*, you did say give or take 50.. I'm just shy of 600 XD.

View attachment 148968

Its perfect to be honest, and to get around the bitfenix thing, it can still fit the requirments for the custom job I have in mind so should be fine
Great work though, much appreciated :clap:
the only thing I was worried about intitially was if I could build it with an intel or AMD , and as an Intel user; an AMD kinda make me feel :screwy: (all due respect to AMD's of course though, with them having some of the worlds highest clock rates in the world thus far :salute:)

But just a further Question, how do you know if the Mobo will need a BIOS update?
PS Yes SSD FTW (if only phones nowadays hadem :drool:)

Phones already have flash memory... :p.

The H97M won't. The B85 may. It'll depend on the batch. I can't predict that one lol.

I must upgrade my 3310 now then! to the mystical device you speak of!
jokes, but I was referring to SSD comparable kinda speed (6gb/s, or even 1gb/s) i know it does exist but I mean in comparison to a PC (which nowadays does not seem impossible with the latest phones springing up - can't wait for Android L tho :eek:)
Like imagine booting your phone in a mere second or two; why not aye? or ultra high data transfer rates via USB 3.0?
(sorry off topic)
But yeah, now I see what you mean, the chip-set date and CPU date comparison?

After doing that Ill blow my budget by $100 :cry:
even though the GPU can wait, the a10 ends up being $200 :eek: with the 6400k being $130 less
what about a 5600k?
EDIT: from what I understand the Kaveri has on board graphics similar to the 7000 series AMD's? any clarification?
and after putting on an a10 6800K its now at a level $583 with 8gb Ripjawz 2x4gb
Sorry about that, I thought the kaveri was just the 7850K :|

Right on, Sorry, I had no idea prices in australia were so inflated! You can get a 7850 for ~160 here, not 200.

Mwave is another company you can consider. Located in Sydney. Lidcombe if you're near at all. Can do pickup if you're close enough to avoid shipping.

Mwave is another company you can consider. Located in Sydney. Lidcombe if you're near at all. Can do pickup if you're close enough to avoid shipping.

thanks for the info, that will really come i handy for the future
For local purposes I usually hit up D-Comp but this might be a better option:thup:

Back