• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build vs. Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

divinecsgo

Registered
So here are two builds:
#1 - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/NM24cf
#2 - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Qdq2Jx

First one is the one I bought, and the case arrives tommorow (in around 16 hours).
I posted this build on /r/buildapc, and the guy on there suggested me to tweak it and gave me a link to #2 build.

Is it worth the hassle to return all the items that I bought and get the second build instead? How much better is the second build compared to first?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

And can I ask you why with a bit of explanation to a potato head like me? Skylake seems better and longproof, with a better GPU.

Skylake is slightly faster per clock, yes.
The 4790K is going to overclock higher and has hyperthreading though.

For 1080p gaming, the 970 is plenty.
If you were to go up in resolution, just upgrade the GPU at the same time.

The 4790K/970 combo is a very stout gaming machine and will be for quite a while.

The 6600K/980Ti combo is also on some incredibly slow DDR4 and cuts back on motherboard features a lot.

Skylake is slightly faster per clock, yes.
The 4790K is going to overclock higher and has hyperthreading though.

For 1080p gaming, the 970 is plenty.
If you were to go up in resolution, just upgrade the GPU at the same time.

The 4790K/970 combo is a very stout gaming machine and will be for quite a while.

The 6600K/980Ti combo is also on some incredibly slow DDR4 and cuts back on motherboard features a lot.

THANKS A TON! Tommorow building my first pc then! Thanks again pal!

the build you have is a powerhouse, I game on the 4790K/970 astounding for the bucks!!!!!!!

build that mother........

No particular section, but just make it make sense by the section name :thup:

And feel free to ask other questions along the build process, we'll gladly help with those too!

Back