• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building 300-350 dollar machine. Need a pointer 2.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

Im going to Micro Center some time this week (http://www.microcenter.com/#) because my friend is really into War Z. I had SLI GTX 570s(didnt try it on my 7970) and an fx 8350, and I would still frame in that game. I think it was bad coding or something though..

Anyways, we have around 350 bucks. Should be an easy build.. Its just a tower.

Im curious as to how these new AMD processors will perform.
the new built in radeon ones.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/400672/A6_5400K_Black_Edition_36GHz_Socket_FM2_Boxed_Processor

http://www.microcenter.com/product/400669/A10_5800K_Black_Edition_38GHz_Socket_FM2_Boxed_Processor

or would it be better to just build it the old school way? grab him a 6 core and 7850/460/560 off craigslist then send it on its way?

What video card would you guys recommend for this build?
other inputs would be very helpful also.

What would you grab if you were building a computer for a buddy that wanted to casually game? Says he wants to play mostly War Z. (Im stuck building computers for everyone i know in the downriver detroit area btw..) :)

Ive got a 6300 and a 768 mb gtx 460 and its shot down to 10 frames in wow.. Some performance issues just dont make sense to me. Ill get around 100 fps in Bioshock ETC. Pretty sure thats just the vidya memory or poopy 3 core processor in a 6 core halloween costume making wow act like that.

So for 350 dollars, which processor and video do you think would run War Z the best? I may just end up getting a video card off of craigslist, or sell him my 460... But in case i dont, Whats a good 100-150 dollar budget card on the market right now. Ever since i sold my 3000 dollar machine with the 7970s, i've kinda been in shock and i stopped keeping up like i used to.

So the question is.. 250 dollars for a processor and graphics card. whats your choice.. you can use Newegg or Microcenter. Hit me!

Personally, I would grab the A10 and Crossfire an HD6670 with it. Built one like that for my roommate and it performs really well. The GPU is pretty cheap too.

Also, get a heatsink to go with it. The Xigmatek Loki (like in my sig) worked great for my roommate, or you could go with the 212 EVO.

If you can make it work in the budget with Microcenter's combo, try to get an A85X board. If not, A75. Just don't drop to the A55 for that quad core.

that sounds like a litttlee much in terms of EVERY piece for 300. Ill look at these prices.. and what does that processor do, that the 6300 doesnt? im actually dissapointed with the 6300.. ots this 760g biostar board.. havent decided. Does anyone else miss the 1045t- 1100t serious? I feel as if theyre just completely better in every way.

yeah theyre sayign the 6300 is better, and cheaper. ive never hooked one of these thigns up either. Was hoping to get a standard psu also. what do those cards compare to?

The FX-6300 is a great chip. The problem for you is that 760g Biostar motherboard, its bottlenecking your CPU.

I have an FX-6100 with a Saphire 2GB 6950 card if your interested PM me and Ill give u a good deal!! I also have an extra 8GB set of 1600 RAM and a gigabyte Mobo 990x i think it is I would have to double check.

Are you just looking for a card/processor or trying to build a whole PC? I have some real good parts for the price and they are all either brand new or slightly used still in box's.

Back