• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a 3-D animation rig ($1,200)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well for an OS to use the 4GB, you want 64bit, and only Vista 64 is the only real option for the software you'll be using.

And I'm surprised you haven't squeezed in a large (20"+) monitor in there. I do this kind of work on my computer, and I am dying for a larger monitor than my 17".

Well for an OS to use the 4GB, you want 64bit, and only Vista 64 is the only real option for the software you'll be using.

And I'm surprised you haven't squeezed in a large (20"+) monitor in there. I do this kind of work on my computer, and I am dying for a larger monitor than my 17".

Why is it exactly that Vista 64 would be preferred over the XP 64 bit OS?

I'm sorry splat, I did check out Boxx Computers, and saw a few quadro cards but I couldn't really tell a difference, I tried looking some of them up and it's hard to make a decision on a card that I can't see numbers on showing a performance increase, although they did have some nice setups.

Thanks.

Back