• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a Folding Farm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No Clue, One of these days I will pick up a wattmeter and figure it out, but as of now I have no idea.

I take it that means the Folding bill isn't coming out of sfu's pocket. ;) Can't blame him there. :D

Heck... anyone can spend $10k on a Folding Farm... it's paying to run the damn thing that'll really get'cha!!! :D :p :beer: :rock: :salute:

Did you figure GPU folding is not worth it? My initial thought is that all those empty GPU slots are a waste. Even with an 8800GS in each system, that'd be another ~80k ppd. But that's not putting any thought into cost, heat, energy, etc.

Did you figure GPU folding is not worth it? My initial thought is that all those empty GPU slots are a waste. Even with an 8800GS in each system, that'd be another ~80k ppd. But that's not putting any thought into cost, heat, energy, etc.

Currently with the -bigadv WUs and super bonus points it is far less efficient PPD/Watt ie PPD/$$ to power company to run video cards in a dedicated farm ;)

However the bigadv wus technically won't be around forever so a video card addition to all systems is good for future proofing but for a straight up most ppd for the least watts used and least heat produced, video-less is the way to go :thup:

I take it that means the Folding bill isn't coming out of sfu's pocket. ;) Can't blame him there. :D

Heck... anyone can spend $10k on a Folding Farm... it's paying to run the damn thing that'll really get'cha!!! :D :p :beer: :rock: :salute:

Yeah I'm going to send him some rigs so he can power them there for me :D Actually I'll just show up. I believe from a previous post he's in Illinois:D

ROFL HE'S IN COLORADO

Back