• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a gaming pc.Please help fast!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gamer9896

Registered
Hello to all. :)
I am from India and looking forward to build a gaming pc myself.I have made a list through PC Part Picker.I want to play modern games like Crysis 3,Battlefiled 4,Far Cry 3 etc in ultra settings full hd with atleast 30 fps and average 40-60.Please tell me my build is sufficient or not to meet this ultra gameplay and any incompatibilities.Please tell about cooling and overclocking also.Here's the link.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2TsMH
looking for suggestions.Please reply. :)

What resolution do you plan to play at?

EDIT: NVM, saw the monitor in the link.

You will definitely need a 280x to get that kind of performance, especially in Crysis 3. My 7970 bottoms out at ~25 in Crysis 3, all ultra (no AA).

I would highly recommend a better motherboard than the one you have picked. That particular board only has a 4+1 power phase meaning that it is already at its limits with the 125 watt 8320. I would not overclock that cpu on that motherboard or bad things will eventually happen. I would recommend spendingc a little more cash on better motherboard to handle the power draw of a 8320.

The ram is a bad idea since you are limiting yourself to single channel performance when the cpu is designed for dual channel. I would buy a set of 2x4gb sticks at the highest clock speed you can afford to get the most out of a 8320.

Everything else looks pretty good.

@darkencorn - my 7970 never dipped below 30fps on crysis 3 ultra settings @1080p with AA. I would say it averaged about 45fps through most of the game but it some places it just was unable to hold its own. I agree a that a r9 270 is not going to get his desired performance goals but that card is the best bang for your buck right now.

Last edited:
All right.What about these then?
Ram-http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vengeance-ddr3-8-gb-2-x-4-gb-pc-ram-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9r/p/itmddca5zbuhqesh?pid=RAMDDC9YQNNXFY3H&otracker=from-search&srno=t_3&query=ram&ref=5f48f026-b334-449a-82c7-1a0ba31035c1
GPU-http://www.flipkart.com/msi-amd-r9-280x-gaming-3g-3-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmdpvgkkbdgvgqz?pid=GRCDPVGBGGDHFZYY&otracker=from-search&srno=t_2&query=msi+amd+radeon+r9+280x&ref=4635b6e0-5b2d-46da-b1d4-b6cc8fbeb20e
Can anyone suggest me a good motherboard for AMD FX 8350 then? I can't find a good one out there.And tell me the new graphics card and the ram will be enough for my goal or not.

I would say most if not all AMD based 990fx chipset motherboards will support the power demanding from an fx8350. A highly recommend board for FX based cpus is the Asus Sabertooth revision 2.0.

For the ram it boils down to how much are you really willing to spend. I would recommend dual channel with 1866 to 1600 mhz in a 2x4gb kit. A few good brands off the top of my head are Corsair (vengeance series), Gskill, mushkin.

The Gpu is another thing that comes down to personal preference and isn't a huge difference in performance. I would go with a R9 280x to get the performance you desire in newer titles on ultra settings @1080p. Asus makes some awesome non reference cards with great coolers like 280x direct CU 2. Msi and Gigabyte make great cards with double and triple fans to keep the gpu cool under heavy loads for extended times.

I would say most if not all AMD based 990fx chipset motherboards will support the power demanding from an fx8350. A highly recommend board for FX based cpus is the Asus Sabertooth revision 2.0.

For the ram it boils down to how much are you really willing to spend. I would recommend dual channel with 1866 to 1600 mhz in a 2x4gb kit. A few good brands off the top of my head are Corsair (vengeance series), Gskill, mushkin.

The Gpu is another thing that comes down to personal preference and isn't a huge difference in performance. I would go with a R9 280x to get the performance you desire in newer titles on ultra settings @1080p. Asus makes some awesome non reference cards with great coolers like 280x direct CU 2. Msi and Gigabyte make great cards with double and triple fans to keep the gpu cool under heavy loads for extended times.

The new GPU link I provided is MSI AMD Radeon R9 280x..What about Asus Radeon R9 280x? Shall I purchase it with the asus sabertooth 990fx motherboard and will everything be fine?

I like Asus products and recommend them highly because they have never given me any issues. The Sabertooth R2.0 and Asus Direct CU 280x would be an outstanding combination and make you very happy with the performance.

I like Asus products and recommend them highly because they have never given me any issues. The Sabertooth R2.0 and Asus Direct CU 280x would be an outstanding combination and make you very happy with the performance.

I understand but there is a little problem.I can't get Asus R9 280x in my locality.I can get XFX RADEON Double D R9 280X ,Sapphire AMD R9 280x,or MSI AMD R9 280x only.Will that be a problem? I mean it's the same card but from different companies.Is there is any problem in that? WIll there be any compatibility issues or something like that with the motherboard and processor?

I understand but there is a little problem.I can't get Asus R9 280x in my locality.I can get XFX RADEON Double D R9 280X ,Sapphire AMD R9 280x,or MSI AMD R9 280x only.Will that be a problem? I mean it's the same card but from different companies.Is there is any problem in that? WIll there be any compatibility issues or something like that with the motherboard and processor?

No they are all basically the same and they will all work fine with the Cpu/Mobo.

I just want to make a suggestion with your memory, to add to the comments above I wouldn't buy the corsair vengeance sticks with the tall heat spreaders on them as pictured in your 1st build. You will have clearance issues with most Air heatsinks, if you use them.

No they are all basically the same and they will all work fine with the Cpu/Mobo.

I just want to make a suggestion with your memory, to add to the comments above I wouldn't buy the corsair vengeance sticks with the tall heat spreaders on them as pictured in your 1st build. You will have clearance issues with most Air heatsinks, if you use them.

Can you suggest ram which suits my pc then? Or things to consider while selecting ram for my pc?

They make Corsair vengeance low profile kits but they also do that for almost all other brands to. The Msi 280x is a good card but I wouldn't touch the XFX card since I've heard about a lot of returns on that particular model.

For gaming the difference between DDR3 1600 and 2133 ram is insignificant, I would save the money and get these.

All right.I just have to confirm three more things and can finally order every items.
First thing.My Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R9 280X requires 750 watt powersupply.Is this good?
http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmp...pply&ref=92f6341a-9608-4ff9-a7ad-ce5e1e96da47

Second thing.this is the Cpu cooler I have chosen.
http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-mast...oler&ref=d6271228-b408-426b-8260-94687dd81d02
Do I have to add any cooling fans? If I have to,how many,will this one be enough?
http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-mast...=b_3&ref=4ca7ad45-c55a-4481-8c0a-0708b1075193

Last thing.Please suggest a good cabinet which have good ventilation facilities and fits all of these items.

Honestly a good quality 650 watt power supply would be fine for your build, something like a corsair tx650. That being said the tx750 power supply will allow you to add another 280x in the future if you choose to go with a crossfire setup, plus it allows for psu degradation.

The cooler master 212 is a good budget cooler but won't allow you to go with crazy overclocks. I would say that 4.5ghz should be attainable on that cooler depending on the ambient temperature.

The case I would choose is either a fractal define R4 or corsair carbide series 200r/300r. It all depends on how much you are willing to spend and personal preference on aesthetics. The define R4 has good air flow and is very quiet with lots of room for future upgrades. The corsair cases are pretty cheap and offer good airflow. It all comes down to what you want to look at for the next year or longer.

If you search fans I'm sure there is a sticky with different fans ratings. I like fairly quiet fans but the downside is lower cfm meaning less airflow. Anything that moves air through your case is going to be fine I'm just not a huge fan of led lights in my case.

Back