• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a gaming pc.Please help fast!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That case will not work it you need one that will fit an ATX Motherboard it only is compatible with microATX, Mini-ITX.

no, that case will not work, as mandrake said it is for a smaller board.

a few thoughts looking at the fact you are in india,

india gets hot, people we have helped from india have always had bad heat issuses, more case fans and good case airflow are very much in order for you.
your cooler will very much need a second fan also.

you can run the 8 core as a 6 core to help keep the heat issues at bay as most games cannot make use of all 8 cores anyway.

an 8 core running on 6 cores MAY run cooler than a 6 core due to the 8 core processors being better processors in general.
that is the case with my 8 core and 6 core.
my 8350 much takes less vcore at the same clock, my 8 core takes 1.5 vcore and my 6300 takes 1.63 at 5.0, so my 8 core is easyer to cool at 5.0 with 2 cores idled.

the ram madrrake has kinked in post# 15 will be fine.
the second fan for the cooler should just simply match what comes on it.

for a case that can do the jod in a tight space you might look at the coolermaster haf-xb, I punish an 8350 in mine at 5.0 and it's just a neat case if your cooler will fit under the top.

I'm and ASUS, WD, Antec fanboi myself, and have recently become a bit of a Gskill one also.

Looks like the OCF is hard at work here building another good rig :)

:grouphug:

:salute:

dual channel with 1866 to 1600 mhz in a 2x4gb kit

Didnt read though everything but don't get 1600 - get at list 1866...

Personally, I would not buy any card with 2gb of memory. If you are getting a 270x get the 4gb version. You can grab another one down the road if you want and you are on just about on par with a ref R9-290

Problem is that 270x are price hiked right now, and hard to find as is. Imo, 2gb is fine for now to play at 1080p, and probably will be for the next couple years unless you just absolutely need max details.

Looks good to me, but I wouldn't get that GPU. It's a great card but totally overpriced because of coin mining. You could have bought a reference model of it for $299 when they first came out $499 for it is ridiculous. I'd get a GTX 770 4G if you are concerned about 2g not being enough VRam which will equal the performance of the R9 280x at $140 less or a GTX 780 for $10 less that will outperform it.

Thanks for suggestion.But I think the GPU I selected is enough.Because 3 gb is more than enough for playing in 1080p I think.In addition to that,the price seen in pc partpicker is not the exact price in our area.Means its not overpriced and it's the cheapest R9 280x card I can get so I think it will be OK.The cards you suggested are good but overpriced in my area. :)

In India,Geforce cards are very expensive comparing to Radeon.Don't know which one is better but according to the price,I would go for Radeon,that's why.And there isn't big difference in peroformance I guess.Anyway,I picked 4 fans because it's too hot in here.I want to give maximum protection because I have no intention to buy another pc in the near future. :)

No worries about the R9 280X it's a great card, here in the states the prices have risen roughly $200.00 in the last few months because of the coin miners. If you can get one for a good price then by all means do it. Getting as much airflow through the case especially when you're in a hot climate is paramount, so that was a good idea, getting the 4 fans. Good lick with it.

Just another suggestion, the Haf 912 only has USB 2.0 ports on the case, you may want to get a adapter so you can plug them into the 20 pin Usb 3.0 header on the motherboard, that way you can use them at 3.0 speeds. This is something that you can use.

That case with the 200's in it and the other 4 oughta keep things cooled down.

The two it comes with are nice fans to begin with.

:thup:

Thanks to all for helping me in this build.I have ordered all parts except monitor.The previous one I selected isn't available now.Now I am stuck between two monitors and please tell me which one is better.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=320-2807
and this
http://www.aocmonitorap.com/root/anz/product_display.php?id=409#prettyPhoto
Before telling your opinion please consider these things.
1-I don't want tn panels and these are the good monitors I found which is available in my area.
2-Please check the specifications then comment.I know that less response time means less ghosting.
3-The first one is more popular than the second one it seems but performance and quality is what I need,and I don't know which is better except in case of response time.
Please tell me your opinions and I will go for the most voted one. :)

Back