• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building today!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
75C is fine as well of course. If its 80C or less during stress testing (Linx/IntelBurnTest/OCCT) then there is no way you will reach those temps doing anything else. You will likely be 10C below that at 100% use which is also rare unless you participate in a distributed computing platform (F@H, SETI, etc). Plenty of benchers go higher.

75C is fine as well of course. If its 80C or less during stress testing (Linx/IntelBurnTest/OCCT) then there is no way you will reach those temps doing anything else. You will likely be 10C below that at 100% use which is also rare unless you participate in a distributed computing platform (F@H, SETI, etc). Plenty of benchers go higher.

Cool, yeah I don't do any of those. Just play games and school work.

The good... It Runs...

The possible bad... It didn't read the full memory size of the sticks I seated...only achieved 2GB so 1 stick works???? I didn't touch bios though and my memory wasn't in the book but when I went to Asus' website they updated the memory vender list. I'm thinking I need to install the bios they have online.

The ugly... I had to put in Windows XP home without a key so it will expire in 30 days not sure if this is related to the memory issue. I haven't done any bios configurations...so I didn't set the memory voltage which could be why they aren't all reading to show 6GB. Other thing I can think of is that my mobo says 1600 (O.C.). So I may need to do something.

Any suggestions? I will be playing with the memory when I get home and try reseating them to see if only 1 stick is working. I haven't tried reseating them yet. I haven't done a Windows update either and I probably am not able to do so, could this be another reason?

And...

I accidentally ordered 32 bit Professional instead of 64 so now I got to wait probably another 2 wks :*(.

Last edited:
Back