• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bulding PC and need help in motherboard, VGA & processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MXM2000

Hi

kindly please help me in my topic.

the components of the PC that I will build as follow:

Case: Obsidian Series® 750D Airflow Edition Full Tower ATX Case (From Corsair).

Memory: 16 GB DDR4 (From Corsair).

PSU: AX1500i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1500 Watt Fully-Modular PSU (From Corsair).

CPU Cooling: HYDRO SERIES H110i GT OR HYDRO SERIES H100i GTX (From Corsair).

Fans: Air Series SP120 PWM High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan Twin Pack (From Corsair).

SSD: Neutron Series™ XT 480GB SATA 3 6Gb/s SSD OR Neutron Series™ GTX 240GB SATA 3 6Gb/s SSD (From Corsair).

Now here are the points I need Help With, as follow:

- Processor: I have 2 models in my mind and they are

• Intel® Core™ i7-5930K Processor
    (15M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz) Launched Q3'14 6 140 W BOX : $594.00
    TRAY: $583.00

• Intel® Core™ i7-5775R Processor
    (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) Launched Q2'15 4 65 W TRAY: $348.00 Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 6200
Which one to choose?

- Motherboard: I read some threads related to same my concern but until now nothing is clear to me, it seems to be most of the motherboards are having issues depending on the features or maybe without.
Now I want to buy Motherboard meant for Games with Wi-Fi Embedded and maybe overclocking (not necessary) with Intel chip X99, which should I buy (Asus or MSI or ASRock or Gigabyte or any other brand), there are a lot of models for each one but I want to buy the most proven, efficient, stable and no problems.

- VGA: I will not go for latest VGA, I will buy model 960 or 970 (overclock) I want to buy the most proven, efficient, stable and no problems.
which brand should I buy.

I apologies if my thread was not professional but really I have a good budget and I do not want to waste the money in wrong products give me problems.

Your psu is about 1000 watts more than you need. Complete and utter waste of money.

You'd be foolish to get a 970 when you can rearrange some parts and get a 980ti for the same cost.

I.e. a 5820k with a 980ti will last MUCH longer than a 5930k and a 970....

A noctua nh-d15 will outperform an h100i as well as being cheaper and more reliable.

Post your budget. We're not your accountants here, and running the gambit to find something in "cost is no object but I only want a gtx 960" range is borderline irritating.

first of all I thank you for clearing some points for me (believe me I am not that Professional in choosing the right product).
my budget will be from 2000$ up to 3000$

the reason that I go for low VGA is because I think I can change it later (reason why I did that so I can get use of VGA budget on strong Motherboard with strong features, also processor)

Hmm, not aware of major computer vendors in Saudi. I imagine prices would be radically different than over here, so that would change some things.

In general, for gaming you do not need a 5930k. That becomes important if you're thinking about 3 way sli in the future, but 3 way sli has always been a silly thing to do anyway.

Stick with a 5820k imo. Get a decent x99 motherboard (I've been told all of them are decent). Finding one with the specs and budget you want is really kinda up to you then. Wireless on board is typically uncommon, but you can always get a pcie adapter really easily.

For a single card, a 600-750w is PLENTY. You do NOT need 1500w. No where near it. With a 970, you wouldnt even need 500w. I strongly recommend you get a gtx 980 ti right now if its feasible. It will last you a LONG time.

thank you bob4933, as for buying all stuff I will buy it from internet as the prices here in my country are too much, so I will go through internet most likely Amazon.

but still I am concerned about the motherboard many people (gamers) always complain about their motherboards, and I am not sure what to be afraid of.
as long I have a good budget I will try to go for the best choice but if you guys have an expertise in it and you know what is the best efficient, stable and no problems it would be good to tell me and Thank you a lot for it

Your psu is about 1000 watts more than you need. Complete and utter waste of money.

You'd be foolish to get a 970 when you can rearrange some parts and get a 980ti for the same cost.

I.e. a 5820k with a 980ti will last MUCH longer than a 5930k and a 970....

A noctua nh-d15 will outperform an h100i as well as being cheaper and more reliable.

Post your budget. We're not your accountants here, and running the gambit to find something in "cost is no object but I only want a gtx 960" range is borderline irritating.

Not sure this is so. From the testing I have seen an H100i outperforms the Noctua NH D14 by about 4c at 150 watts of heat. And I don't think the NH D15 is really any better than the D14.

I can't find exactly the article I was looking for but this may be helpful: http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2662&page=5

The thing I like about Frostytech is there testing is done on a hotplate whose temps are precisely controlled rather than in a case with fans and all kinds of variables with TIM, etc.

Last edited:
The testing depending on the source is subjective and most of them can't even get a consistent mount.
That being said the H110 is a better solution from Corsair. However the Cooler master unit is difficult to beat in the AIO arena

Air solutions are to big IMO, the AIO will give you a much cleaner look.
Agree with Bob, 5820 will work for a 6 core solution and the savings are better put into a vid card

Still early in the game, I would be waiting to see what happens with the Furyx ad 980Ti custom cards before I would make a move

Personally like Samsung for SSD duties and

yes the power is crazy,

leaving it open to SLI with a suicidal overclock an 850 will prove to be more than enough

look to the eVGA/Superflower 850 G2

Case is dated IMO , but that is subjective

The fans are decent, but would look to something else?

They have a weird harmonics to them ???

Hard to explain not what you would expect

Board, get one from a reputable vendor that has the feature set you like

I can personally tell you the OCF is a very nice choice, but may not be prudent for your use

Hi

I just browsed EVGA website and it is interesting that most of their products have warranty for more than 1 year up to may be 3 or 10 years.

what do you think about EVGA Products, does it considered high quality.

as for motherboard my mind is settled on (ASrock gaming - MSI Gaming - ASUS Deluxe or PRO - EVGA X99 Classified )
as for Graphic card (ASUS - EVGA - MSI)

what do you think

Back