• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bulldozer 990FX / 9xx Motherboard Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
My search-foo didn't come up with one of these already, so let's get it started. Deposit any and everything you have on the upcoming 990FX (or other 9xx) motherboards you find here!

Courtesy of Donanimhaber (you'll have to translate it), we have photos & specs for the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX board today: http://www.donanimhaber.com/anakart...gi-990FX-Sabertooth-anakarti-ortaya-cikti.htm

TheDuke at TechReaction previously posted specs for the entire ASUS line up from 970 to 990FX. All credit for this image goes to him. Here's the original post.

asus9xx-amd-boards.jpg

Your turn...share what you come across!

You'd think that the Crosshair would have all of the features of the Sabertooth and then some, but it looks like they actually trade features between several of the parts. Nice info though.

They bought the chip, so they can use it. Same thing if it was the other way around. Same thing when you hook up a Intel SSD to a AMD mobo.

Its like mix matching parts for a small microprocessor board.

i just noticed with the aid of those pic's, it has 2 fan headers right next to the cpu socket, a clean motherboard controller push=pull shouldn't be to difficult now.

@quad, at the same price as Cross V or $20 lower. That board is dedicated to gamers. Cross V will be built for OCers.

Now I wish ASUS would build a board like Gigabytes OC board. Built only for Extreme OCers.

maybe ill stretch that extra little bit of cash then, i dont game much, folding and multitasking is my game so super clocked cpu and plenty of slots for folding, i think the ROG might be a better choice, any pictures of the usual sexy ROG heatsinks?

I wouldn't count on that. Gigabyte will probably show pretty poor results from that board because they came out with it sooooo late in X58's life cycle.

Had they done it first with AM3+ or LGA2011, things may have been different. The Bot put up a poll re: whether people would buy the X58OC and people basically said "No, why would I at this point?"

now i am glad i am waiting on getting a new MB for my rig. That Crosshair V Formula has some sweet specs, almost a beefed up version of the IV Extreme. Makes me wonder how the V Extreme will be. On a side note i was hoping that the Sabertooth would come with the thermal armor that the P67.

Any estimates based on the time of the IV formula to extreme, how long it would take to see a crosshair V extreme?

Back