• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bulldozer 990FX / 9xx Motherboard Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What's the purpose of the Sabertooth boards if ASUS already has a the CHV? They're both at the same price point and have similar features.

I feel like I've been waiting for Sli support for AMD mobo's forever. The nForce boards had Sli but they are pretty horrible clockers from what I've seen.

As you can see, sabertooth is more designed for the gamers, CHV was intended for OCers but because the CH line has been used by the gamers for so long, it had to keep some of its "gamer-esk" features.

I wish Asus would have made the CH V exclusive for OCers (get rid of the thunderbolt, and all that stupid accessories.)

I'm reading through a bunch of these Cross V reviews, but no one mentions that you can use both the 8 + 4 pin at the same time.

Anyone read differently?

Holy :censored: $200!?? Thats crazy talk! My guess is that Cross V will not be to much more expensive.

I am ready to spend between $230 and $290 for the Formula when it comes out. I kind of already knew it was going to be an expensive MB.

I just ordered a Sabertooth.

Man, I am :cool: with anticipation. Pls let us know how you like it. What cpu are you planning on putting in? The Phenoms should be dropping in price. :) I'm giving away my 2 systems in sig so need to think about myself :santa: in the next month. I am trying to be patient about the Zambezi rollout but it is hard.:rain: $320.00 for 8 cores? 1090t's are getting cheaper. I really like 2 or more pcie16 slots. Just dig crossfire and sli. So whatever mb I get is going to have plenty of 16 lane pcie.:rofl:

The new gigabyte color scheme and heatsink styling looks bad ***. I have to sell my rig for a laptop for college though so I will be skipping AM3+ =/

after seeing all the new boards, i am going to stick to my guns and order a CHVF. The Sabertooth looks nice but i am a sucker for the extra features of the CHVF like the Intel LAN and the X-Fi built in audio, saves me time and slots instead of getting a new NIC and Sound Card.

If the Lan thing helps.. The Intel lan on my R3E is superior to the teamed Realtek setup I was useing on my old UD5 :thup:

Back