• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bulldozer 990FX / 9xx Motherboard Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All that soldering is why the Vdroop mod is not for the average consumer for sure. They would surely do better ensuring they get the Rev 1.1 board. That is if they want to really push their setup. Many do not push then much though.

I completely agree with you there - nobody should be getting the UD7 unless a) they can verify with the e-tailer that they are shipping Rev. 1.1 boards or b) they can put eyes-on to make sure they know what they're getting.

Even if they're not pushing hard, the Vdroop on Rev. 1.0 is so bad people that use ambient cooling for 24/7 overclocks will need WAY too high Vcore at idle for a respectable 24/7 overclock.

I've never really had much luck with MSI boards in the past (usually due my being pretty retarded and clearing CMOS with the power turned on, scrambling the BIOS), but I must put my two cents in regarding this company, their support and how awesome the 990FXA-GD80 is.

The board comes with three, longer than usual SLI cables and one extra long. Unfortunately, I am running AMD cards. After contacting their Tech Support, they handily provided the longer version of their CrossfireX connector at no charge and it was delivered within 5-days.

Before:
img43271.jpg

After:
img43531.jpg

Back