• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bulldozer 990FX / 9xx Motherboard Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OC2.jpg

Hmmm looking at those setting they kinda look familiar.

I get to work on Extreme4 tomorrow. I'll beat you in the prime scale :D

I bet you will beat me in many things; this 1100T just isn't so hot. Not taking it cold again, that's for sure. This board will go cold for its first time (AMD willing) with a Zambezi chip in it. :thup:

Uploaded photos today. Still have to graph everything and write the review, so it's a ways off, but here are a couple teaser shots (click to enlarge).

cvf-photos-12-300x288.jpg

cvf-photos-23-300x194.jpg

One thing is for sure: this board sure is purdy.

I just got my Sabertooth. The board is siiiiiiiiiick and it's very durable. I love the design and UEFI Bios is uh-maze-ing! It looks exactly like the CrossV except it's green/tan instead of black/red.

Bring on the Bulldozers!!! :attn:

I'm close to finishing the Cross V review and the board is amazing. I'm with zitnik...bring on the bulldozers!

I like my UD5 much more than any Intel board that I had in last 3 years. More stable and almost no issues ( or at least no issues that I couldn't solve ). I wanted CHV at the beginning but price was too high and I got good deal for UD5 ( I even wanted UD3 but UD5 didn't cost me much more and was on stock ).
@hokie , I'm waiting for review and I have hope that you include some SSD RAID results :)
I was thinking to maybe make short review od UD5 but I see no point without FX cpu ... one more month :bang head.

Sorry, I don't have multiple SSDs sitting around to do that.

There is actually a 990FXA-UD7 incoming and I'm hoping to get all of the work done on it prior to FX's arrival. :)

It was a tough decision for me between the different boards. My three I was considering were the Sabertooth, which is what I ended up picking, but also the CrossV and the UD7.

In the end it really came down to whether the $50 extra for the CrossV and UD7 were worth it, and from what I understand the CrossV and the Sabertooth basically trade different features with the difference being the CrossV is a insane board for those who want to really OC their stuff. I'm content with my purchase, though :)

Thanks! Review should publish either tomorrow or Wednesday. It's being edited by my wonderful associates now.

finished to install my 1090t on my MSI 990FXA-GD80, nice board:

MSI 990FXA-GD80
[email protected]/NoctuaNH-U9B-SE2
CPUv=1.45

the problem for now is that OC bug the SLI (enabling SLI is only possible with bios set on defaults, with oc the nvidia CP freeze, the gfx card are no more detected, and the board switch to the integrated gfx chipset)
keeping hope about a new bios or a nvidia driver to fix that ;)

Ladies & gentlemen, boys & girls; I present to you...the 990FX GRUDGE MATCH COMPETITORS!

990fx-head-to-head-cwm.jpg

(It will be a while before the review is done, but this is just fun with photos. :thup: )

I'm about to click Buy on a new Sabretooth motherboard. Before I do, is this going to be future compatible with processors for a while? I know it's good with the Bulldozers we're about to get, but is AM3+ going to be the new socket for long or will I be out of date again next year? I got burned by an older AM3 motherboard thinking it would be happy with my new 1100T, but they've never really got on. Someone who knows more about it than I do tell me whether to click that button or not! :D

Depends on which path AMD chooses. There are rumors that they'll move to socket 'FM2' with next-gen Bulldozer chips and there are rumors that they'll stick with AM3+ to extend its life. Both are rumors so far and no one really knows for sure.

Depends on which path AMD chooses. There are rumors that they'll move to socket 'FM2' with next-gen Bulldozer chips and there are rumors that they'll stick with AM3+ to extend its life. Both are rumors so far and no one really knows for sure.

Humpf. It would suck to spend that much money on a motherboard and find it out of date next year. I would like to be able to get at least a couple of processor upgrades out of it before having to pay for another board as well.

Maybe I should look at Intel and see if they make you change boards less often. :rofl:

Thanks, anyway. I'll probably still buy it... I don't think anyone should complain about having a motherboard like that.

Back