• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bulldozer cooler...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arbiter Odie

I want a good cooler for bulldozer. I don't want to obstruct my ram slots. I have a sabertooth 990fx that I plan to populate with 4 ripjaws 2133 modules... it would be bad to get a cooler that doesn't fit.

How can I tell which coolers won't conflict with my ram?

h100 (not sure if its compatible with am3)
but yeah, that would do

I believe they used the H100 in the [H] review so it should be fine.

The way you will be able to tell if it will conflict is if the heatsink is extra wide (NH-D14 for example may cause issues if you have tall heatspreaders)

With the heat that the Dozer puts out, you pretty much need to treat it the same as a Bloomfield 1366 i7 proc. That is, if you plan to overclock it significantly you better plan on high end air or water. The H80 or H100 would be options for a LCLC cooling system. Don't even think about an H60 as it will be overwhelmed in short order. For high end air, you need to look at top of the line coolers such as the TRUE Rev. C with a push pull fan setup, an Archon with the same, or a Prolimatech Genesis with a couple of GT AP-15 fans on it. The Genesis has enough clearance on the laid over heatpipe stack to clear Ripjaws heatspreaders and is a damn good performing heatsink. The only drawback is that once it's installed, you won't be able to remove the ram until you remove the heatsink again. The advantage to this is that the fan on the laid over stack will be blowing air on the ram and the pwm circuitry on the mobo, helping to keep that cool.

Depending on the ram you choose, the NH-D14 may allow for ram clearance. It's probably the best air-cooler out there.

An H100 will not interfere with you're ram slots, though. I'd recommend going that route.

Well, I'd like to know too. AMD has pushed back bulldozer several times. The latest scuttlebutt says they will release in September, but who really knows? It is to their advantage to keep tha
g.php
t as secret as possible, so INTEL wont have prior warning and adjust thier prices. I personlly cant wait either. I am going to build a new computer also, as soon as it comes out. Octo-core baby!

It came out yesterday. We have a thread dedicated to the review here on this site with links to other reviews in that thread.

To sum up the reviews in one word: Disappointment

It came out yesterday. We have a thread dedicated to the review here on this site with links to other reviews in that thread.

To sum up the reviews in one word: Disappointment

ive never been so dissapointed about a product before,guess there's a first time for everything, but who knows, maybe windows 8 will take advantage of its errr, whats it called? hyperthreading by amd, or whatever it is

Back