• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bummed on new a7n8x rev. 2 no boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vkvenom

i got my new a7n8x dlx rev .2 installed it and went to boot got to the bios set defaults and when xp logo can up it restarted did every thing to bios still same thing when xp logo comes up restarts . when reinstalled a7v8x dlx no prob boot good ! so , installed drivers with a7v8x reinstalled a7n8x saame thing HELP!

Also i didnt connect the power on the radeon 9800 and booted 1 time now screen has slight double vision ! did i damage it? or just the pci slot in the a7v8x?

i currently have 2500 barton- corsair 3200 2x256 LLPT-radeon 9800 pro- quantum 40 gb 7200 rpm HDD -antec 430 PSU- liteon 52x24x52 cd-rw- 16x dvd rom.:mad: :(

did you reformatt the hd when you switched the mobos??

or at least attempt to repair the os? you cant just switch mobos and use the same hd its not gonna work properly and will give you problems

vkvenom said:
i got my new a7n8x dlx rev .2 installed it and went to boot got to the bios set defaults and when xp logo can up it restarted did every thing to bios still same thing when xp logo comes up restarts . when reinstalled a7v8x dlx no prob boot good ! so , installed drivers with a7v8x reinstalled a7n8x saame thing HELP!

Also i didnt connect the power on the radeon 9800 and booted 1 time now screen has slight double vision ! did i damage it? or just the pci slot in the a7v8x?

i currently have 2500 barton- corsair 3200 2x256 LLPT-radeon 9800 pro- quantum 40 gb 7200 rpm HDD -antec 430 PSU- liteon 52x24x52 cd-rw- 16x dvd rom.:mad: :(

Please use a little more punctuation. I had to read this three times and I only think I got what your problem is. As cherry said you have to fix the OS when swapping boards (most of the time).

You may not have to reformat though. Try the repair installation, assuming you have WinXP. It basically reinstalls the OS and saves all of your Data. All drivers, Win Updates, etc go away as well. This will allow you to boot the A7N8X and then install the drivers for it. Not very sure about Win2K or 98.

Hope this helps at least a little.

thanks! repairing the OS did'nt work but i had to format the drive and reinstall Win. Xp !

That fixed it ,all though for any body that does not have a second computer , or the system disk . download all the drvers first before swaping the moobo's , lol .

had to install old mobo download drivers and then reinstall the new one again,lol !:eek: :)

Back