• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burning to bluray

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jezus53

I'm not too sure if this goes here, but I have a feeling it does since it pertains to storage in a way.

My girlfriend likes to watch dvds of old tv series and she used to have a 5 disc dvd player. But now she has a single disc bluray player and as one can probably figure, it gets very annoying having to get up to change the disc each season when you were accustomed to having to just press next disc. So it got me thinking. Bluray can hold more data than dvd. So why not just put those dvds on a bluray? Dvd has around 4gb and bluray around 25 gb (if I remember correctly) so I should be able to put around 6 discs worth of shows on one bluray. Does this sound right? Is there a good efficient way of ripping the dvds and then burning to bluray? I ask because I've never burned playable dvds let alone buray. All I've ever done is rip dvds. So any input would be appreciated!

I'm not too sure if this goes here, but I have a feeling it does since it pertains to storage in a way.

My girlfriend likes to watch dvds of old tv series and she used to have a 5 disc dvd player. But now she has a single disc bluray player and as one can probably figure, it gets very annoying having to get up to change the disc each season when you were accustomed to having to just press next disc. So it got me thinking. Bluray can hold more data than dvd. So why not just put those dvds on a bluray? Dvd has around 4gb and bluray around 25 gb (if I remember correctly) so I should be able to put around 6 discs worth of shows on one bluray. Does this sound right? Is there a good efficient way of ripping the dvds and then burning to bluray? I ask because I've never burned playable dvds let alone buray. All I've ever done is rip dvds. So any input would be appreciated!

i think it needs multi session or create a menu screen- if the blu ray plays the file formats it might recognize them from a directory, but not entire isos, unless it's multi session. not sure what software does that.

I should be able to put around 6 discs worth of shows on one bluray. Does this sound right? Is there a good efficient way of ripping the dvds and then burning to bluray? I ask because I've never burned playable dvds let alone buray. All I've ever done is rip dvds. So any input would be appreciated!

Can be done!

I have up to 13 46 minute shows in each Blu-Ray disk. MKV's with H264 compression gets very good quality, has text menus so I don't have to swap disks.

Back