• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bus lines under hsf stand-off screws?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcd

I have a m-ATX Asus P5KPL-CM. I'm installing a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 plus heatsink fan, which comes with a mounting backplate.

Picture: m8sPJ.jpg
Those lines (I think they're called bus lines?) go directly underneath all the stand-off screws.

Is this okay, or should I not install this heatsink fan?

was there the little red washers that you put behind the nuts? its been forever since i installed mine idk if it even comes with them if it does it should be fine if they are there just dont tighten it real hard.

was there the little red washers that you put behind the nuts? its been forever since i installed mine idk if it even comes with them if it does it should be fine if they are there just dont tighten it real hard.

It didn't come with silicon washers, I think I'll just go buy some. I hope I didn't mess things up by screwing them in already.

It didn't come with silicon washers, I think I'll just go buy some. I hope I didn't mess things up by screwing them in already.

yea might be a good idea wouldnt go with silicon id go with nylon or something with a little hardness to it

Help me understand what you are worried about if you use the stock mounting hardware. Is the socket area of this motherboard different than it other motherboards? I'm pretty sure the Coolermaster backpalte has a clear plastic liner to prevent the metal from making contact with the electrical traces embedded in the board.

Help me understand what you are worried about if you use the stock mounting hardware. Is the socket area of this motherboard different than it other motherboards? I'm pretty sure the Coolermaster backpalte has a clear plastic liner to prevent the metal from making contact with the electrical traces embedded in the board.
He is talking about the top side standoffs.

rcd, on my Hyper 212 EVO the washers were already mounted on the stud of the standoffs.
They are not thick so look again.

So, he thinks he's missing some insulating parts for the cooler mount. Now I understand.

The cooler stand-off mounts have a thin insulating layer. If you put a silicon washer in there, the cooler may not clamp down properly.

Back