• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying 650W Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carboncube

Registered
I want to buy a 650W power supply unit. Which is a good option between CORSAIR and COOLER MASTER (according to warranty, service, durability).

+1 for Corsair

<3 my Corsair 650TX. Powers the system in my rig without hassle from day 1.

I like Antec, but the Corsairs seem to be the way to go these days on a lot of builds.

Just bought one of the C-Factor 850's to try out that Oklahoma liked to stick in my 1200 with the I7 upgrade coming tomorrow, but they don't seem to fit in most cases obviously.

Hopefully it will perform similar to the one he received to review.

I bought a HAF just to build another computer that my sister-in-laws boyfriend may buy once he see's this current stuff in it once I put it together, otherwise I'm going to sell it. Well the Copper and a few migrating of course :)

The wife says she's happy with the old EVGA780i Q6600 G0 dual GTS8800 SLI she's using, I guess she mostly webs surfs ans watches online TV hehe.

Was tempted to build the new one in the HAF, but have the 1200 modded pretty well by now and like it, looks like a nice case though.

Kinda a waste with the OCZ reapers in hers too I guess, but WTH, works well for her.

For ATX, yeah the Corsairs seem to be the way to go these days :thup:

:beer:

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Cooler Master, I'd pick it over an Antec psu of equivalent wattage. I'd say Cooler Master is one of the best budget psus out there that I would trust.

Excluding cost, I would take a Cosair over a Cooler Master any day of the week. I'm waiting for a 620 to pop up on the classifieds, my server needs an upgrade.

I just bought a new TX750w, I'm sure the 650 is just as nice. The build quality is top notch. The unit is SILENT, like no noise which is nice. It runs very cool and is VERY heavy (generally Heavy=quality)

I love my corsair 750, powers everything of mine without issue, and I dont doubt it could put out more if it had to.

Back