• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bye-bye for ballistix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats rubbish - my last set of ballistix tracer died, i bought the 2x 1gb sticks seperately...one on ebay the other from komplett.co.uk - both stopped working properly,so i phoned crucial uk support - they asked if I had my original crucial invoice order number and I said no as they didnt come from crucial - they then simply took my name and address, asked me to send the faulty modules back and 4 days later I had a new 2gb set of ballistix tracer back!! no mention at all if not being covered cos they werent from them - sounds like theyre fobbing you off!

El<(')>Maxi said:
Thats terrible warranty & service. I'd go with OCZ simply for those reasons alone.

i may not go with ocz (even though i do alot of the time for their awesome customer support and products) but i damn sure wont be spending any more money on anything from crucial. thats easily one of the lamest rma policies ive ever heard. did newegg make the memory too or did crucial? good thing other manufacturers dont follow that type of policy.

Vrykyl said:
thats rubbish - my last set of ballistix tracer died, i bought the 2x 1gb sticks seperately...one on ebay the other from komplett.co.uk - both stopped working properly,so i phoned crucial uk support - they asked if I had my original crucial invoice order number and I said no as they didnt come from crucial - they then simply took my name and address, asked me to send the faulty modules back and 4 days later I had a new 2gb set of ballistix tracer back!! no mention at all if not being covered cos they werent from them - sounds like theyre fobbing you off!

when did this happen? maybe theyve changed their attitude since im sure theyve had waves of rma requests. least newegg will honor a rma for a year on them if you just want a replacement.

that was maybe a month or so ago - the set they sent me as replacement for them was also faulty (one stick was anyway), and they went back again and this time i sold the replacement set (just before christmas)... both times i found their service to be fast and friendly

yea ocz makes a damn good product with a damn good warranty and it usually performs damn good. i wish ocz made video cards and motherboards and hard drives as well :). but this crucial memory will hit 300mhz fsb baby. ive only seen the ocz hitting 270ish. and i bought mine from crucial so there shouldnt be any issues, a lot of the stuff going around is just heresay from people. if you have an issue, contact them directly and see what they say. what do you mean when you say it was faulty? if they run at their rated speed, its not faulty

My next set im going to make something better to cool the ballistix. 1 80mm isnt going to cut it. Going to have to get creative with acylic and make some sort of a windtunnel.

Back