• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C-State Pmin, CnQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anonizer

Registered
CPU: AMD A6 3500
MOBO: GA A55M-DS2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 (2x4 gb) 1600
PSU: 600w

Been running an AMD A6 3500 overclocked to 3ghz, idle temps were at 25 and lowest is 23 and highest is 62 (ran it for like 4 months values were the average) then I decided to disable C-State Pmin and CnQ then I noticed my temps got lower? idle is 19-21, lowest 18 and highest I did get was 58. Does disabling that setting really lower your temps? or is it just my coretemp and hwmonitor got bugged?

And also it seems I can't set manual timings? After setting it to manual with 9-9-9-30 When booting a message says "this computer experienced boot failures because of overclocking" then sets settings back to default but when I checked the "auto" values on CPU-Z it says 9-9-9-30.

CAS# Latency (CL) 9
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 9
Cycle Time (tRAS) 30
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 41

Any idea?

EDIT: How to change Bank Cycle Time can't find it in BIOS :O

Last edited:
Memory timings are sometimes known by other names which is reflected in what you see in different bioses. It can be confusing.

Back