• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call of Duty: Elite a paid for service.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathhorse

This seems like a really neat idea there are some great perks for paying the money up front. Heres some details even anyone is wondering

the free versions gets you:
Career Player Profile (Compare 1000's of stats, bests, trends from Black Ops, MW3, and future titles)
-Create-a-Class Online
-Public Groups and Private Clans
-HD Video Sharing
-Call of Duty Elite Apps (on your iPhone, iPad, Android, and Xbox 360)

The paid version gets you:
-All the Free features
-Monthly DLC
-Daily Competition with Prizes
-Level Up Your Clan (earn in-game tags and emblems in tournaments and leagues. Earn Double XP and level up with operations and challenges)
-Pro Analysis & Strategy (expert analysis of weapons, maps, modes)
-Call of Duty Elite TV (exclusive episodic entertainment from top talent)

The crap no one told you so now you know:

- the first 9 months of DLC's even though you paid for a year
- your paying for DLC's before they come out (they might suck)
- elite DLC's are permanently owned
- elite premium get the DLC's first

Rumors
I also heard the free elite members cannot create party's but can be invited to party's. But premium's can invite them. Thats what the freaks at gamestop told me. That makes me mad so i might get elite because i play with a couple friends from work almost everyday.

I can't wait for the riotshield its going to be epic. :thup:

Last edited:
Rumors
I also heard the free elite members cannot create party's but can be invited to party's but premium can invite them. Thats what the freaks at gamestop told me. That makes me mad so i might get elite because a play with a couple friends from work almost everyday.

I wouldn't give them a dime if that was true. That is just another BS way to scam people out of their own money for a feature that should always be in the game. :mad:

Janus i agree thats a dirty move i hope its not true but Activision is not telling much else about elite. And maybe that is gamestop trying to trick people into purchasing Elite to bump there sales.

Janus i agree thats a dirty move i hope its not true but Activision is not telling much else about elite. And maybe that is gamestop trying to trick people into purchasing Elite to bump there sales.

Either scenario is as likely as the other. Both companies are worthy of having their name next to "evil" in a dictionary.

Agree but isn't the same thing in BF3 too?

You don't have to pay extra/a subscription to create a party in BF3. Also, there wasn't ever any DLC for BC2 that wasn't free with the exception of the character/weapon skins that didn't change anything about the game (and the mini expansion BC Vietnam, but that was different from just 3 maps), as long as you were the initial purchaser of the game (didn't buy it used) similar to what you have with online passes in a lot of games now.

Back