• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can any of you recommend a fan controller for my Noctua A14 3000 jet engines?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

I've asked this question to a few people but can any of you recommend a fan controller that won't burn out with these beastly fans? I have 2 of these top mounted on my H110.

Wife is getting pissed off and my 16 month old daughter just stares at them like a rack of yard tools at Sears.

Everyone's telling me no standard controller can handle in output needed for these things without a fire and I'm a little worried my HAF is going to turn into a hover drone shortly.

Swiftech 8-way SATA PWM Splitter
Run it off the CPU fan header

an NZXT Sentry 3 won't work on those?.........was planning on switching out my stock case fans for those.

I can tell you these things are loud like quadcopter loud at 3k but I was just wondering because I had heard these fans go overbudget on wattage if cranked up.

Great fans though I recommend them to anyone who doesn't have AC in the car they will work just as good :p

an NZXT Sentry 3 won't work on those?.........was planning on switching out my stock case fans for those.

You could only run up to two per channel, to a total of 75W.
That controller only gets 15W per channel, and the fan needs 6.6W/ea.

your motherboard has fanxpert and 3 headers. i think each plug is good for an amp if i remember correctly. separate fan controllers are ancient relics of a bygone era.

NZXT Sentry Mix2

I use this.

The only thing it lacks is true PWM. The headers are only two pins, so no real PWM control.

30 Watts per channel, for a total of 6 channels.

With the info provided above, you SHOULD be able to run 4 fans per channel.

I just ordered two of these fans and a PWM splitter (hooks strait to the PSU for power and mobo header for PWM control). I know I personally dont have room for a 5.25 inch controller as I have an NZXT S340 case.

Just got my jet engines and you ARE 100% right. These things are LOUD at full tilt. OTOH, they really move some air. Got mine tamed with a Silverstone 8 port PWM hub, and have my CPU fan hooked to it, as well as my two noctua iPPC 3000 fans, all controlled via the CPU header. Works great, but does depend on mobo software... And the gigabyte software is meh. Two points to adjust the fan curve, with the second being forced to 100%... So I cannot set a max speed, only a minimum and how sharp the slope is.

Back