• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone fix my problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PitfireX

Registered
Ive created 2 other posts (Here and Here) talked to countless people who know computers well and 2 IT guys. Still no fix.

My issue is that during gaming (very rarely, outside gaming) my screen(s) turn black, I get the windows Exclamation sound followed by the critical stop sound and the display never turns back on. If i have something running in the background, i can still hear it. I can also still use the windows key to reset the computer. Ive replaced my GPU, RMAd my motherboard and got a new PSU on the way. Ive had the problem with 3 different monitors and the HTC vive. I've ran Memtest86 and found no faults.

Does ANYONE have any advice?

Im showing multiple Video Hardware Errors

Here is the error details, if it means anything to anyone. lol

Last edited:
The link seems to reference software as the issues most of the time, could that still be the issue when i have reinstalled windows 3 times?

So the details you gave were for a 0x117, work carefully through those posts, don't miss anything out, however trivial it might look. It's not uncommon for bugchecks like this to be down to a combination of factors.

Reinstalling Windows for most people also results in them using the same 'tweaks', software versions, etc. as on the previous occasions.

So the details you gave were for a 0x117, work carefully through those posts, don't miss anything out, however trivial it might look. It's not uncommon for bugchecks like this to be down to a combination of factors.

Reinstalling Windows for most people also results in them using the same 'tweaks', software versions, etc. as on the previous occasions.

Thats a **** ton of troubleshooting lol... ill get started and report back in a day or two thanks alot!

Moving forward, please do not create a 4th thread on the same subject. BUMP your old threads if the problem still exists. This way people are not spinning their tires giving you advice that is found in the other threads. :)

If you replaced the hardware components in your troubleshooting with identical ones then that may be the reason you still have the problem. This issue could be due to the idiosyncratic interaction of the hardware combinations you have chosen and their software drivers. There are subtleties in those interactions that can cause intermittent problems that seem to defy troubleshooting. This problem may not be due to a faulty component.

Last edited:
Back