• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i change 92mm fan to 120mm fan: xigmatek sd963

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluesmap

Registered
im running a NEW (built today) i5 2500k cpu, stock heatsink, on MSI P67A-G43 (B3).
i want to upgrade the stock heatsink to the xigmatek loki sd963 seen here. the xigmatek comes with 92mm fan. will i be able to fit a 120mm fan on there or is it built specifically for 92mm fans? and regardless of fan size, can i install a second fan for "push-pull"?

sooner or later i know someone will recommend gaia instead, but i want to know my questions first before considering gaia.

^ +1, the 120mm will fit but it requires a some modification. tbh you are better off just adding 2 high airflow 92mm fans since that cooler will perform well even with the 92mm fans.

^^^ are you running both the hyper212 and scythe on seperate systems?
how are you liking the scythe, i dont see that too often, but im relatively new to the cooling game

^ the Scythe Mugen is a relatively old heatsink but it is a great cooler(bought it a while back). I am running it as a passive cooler(no fans) in my Q9650 system and it barely hits 70'c.

With fans it is up there with some of the best. However there are better alternatives now.

There are still conversion shrouds available. Mind you, I think a second 92mm fan would be a better option.

Back